6.2L Exhaust

I went with the GM Borla and notice absolutely NO difference in power. I got it from one of the sites listed above. Love the sound of it when accelerating and how quiet it gets when cruising. I went with the dual side exhaust that go out the passenger side.

You won't notice 10 hp as GM claims it gains anyway..... you could lose that much with a change of gasoline and still not notice a thing lol. It's just a noise thing with these trucks for the most part.... depending on the truck. Some 6.2's only have a 3" tailpipe section aft of the muffler but I will put money on it making zero difference in power from being one way or the other. Seems crew cabs have the 3" pipe and double cabs do not.... but they all neck to 3" for the goofy little flapper valve anyhow.

If the stock catback didn't have the flapper valve, plus did not have the resontator in a bent piece of pipe with 3" here and there I would have kept mine and swapped the muffler. But by the time you hack all that out you may as well get a new tail section aft of the muffler so all you are saving over a real catback kit is the couple feet of pipe that connects to the Y pipe ahead of the muffler.

6.2l trucks are 3.5" to the inlet on the muffler, then 3" to the inlet on the resonator, then 3.5" out of the resonator to the tail pipe.

6.2l trucks are 3.5" to the inlet on the muffler, then 3" to the inlet on the resonator, then 3.5" out of the resonator to the tail pipe.

Not all of them. Quite a few are 3" from the resonator to the tip.... seems to vary based on cab configuration. Even the 2016's are the same way... I was just at the local autoshow and every single crew cab they had with a 6.2 in it ( even the one up on stilts so you could walk under it) was 3.5" to the muffler and then 3.5" into the resonator but only 3" out. I measured a bunch of trucks last year with a caliper on a GM lot and posted all the pictures as it caused a lot of confusion.

Go with a Magnaflow 12909 and have a good muffler shop cut off your OE muffler and flapper valve and weld in the replacement. If they measure properly the muffler will fit with no issue and need for extra pipe. As stated above this is a true 3.5 inch inlet/outlet muffler. Has a deeper tone than stock and nice growl at startup. Little to no drone and just a slight hint of the chopper sound in V4 mode.

I went with the GM Borla and notice absolutely NO difference in power. I got it from one of the sites listed above. Love the sound of it when accelerating and how quiet it gets when cruising. I went with the dual side exhaust that go out the passenger side.

I got the same one and love it. Quiet when you want quiet and a growl when you want it to growl.

• 3 months later...

This might sound lame but I just used a piece of copper Romex wire to hold the flapper open and now it sounds great at idle and low RPMs. It would be nice if it was a little louder and I may do something about that in the future but for zero cost and about 5 minutes of time it's a nice mod. I notice zero drone or chopper noise at speeds up to 80 mph. For a factory exhaust it sounds really good.

Edited by mikepol2

I hear high praise about Flowmaster and am looking at one of thier setups myself. I particularly like their price range and range of options for output ie) dual out dual side.

You will get as many opinions on mufflers/exhaust as you will reply's here though I believe. Your best bet it to get a good sound output and watch some videos.

I hear high praise about Flowmaster and am looking at one of thier setups myself. I particularly like their price range and range of options for output ie) dual out dual side.

You will get as many opinions on mufflers/exhaust as you will reply's here though I believe. Your best bet it to get a good sound output and watch some videos.

I agree there are many opinions out there as far as exhaust for our trucks go. As far as Flowmaster I personally would not run it on my ride. Some here and I feel they should be called Dronemaster instead but to each his own.

I agree there are many opinions out there as far as exhaust for our trucks go. As far as Flowmaster I personally would not run it on my ride. Some here and I feel they should be called Dronemaster instead but to each his own.

It all depends on what size flowmaster you go with. I ran the 50 series on my last chevy and it was one of my favorite exhaust set ups I have had out of all of my trucks.

Corsa CATback 14866. It's the best available for the 6.2 IMO. I've had it on for about 2 months and love it. I've had Flowmasters over the years and they're crap compared to the Corsa. There's no drone and if you're gonna run LT headers it's the way to go.

Edited by CTHM732

I have the single outlet flowmaster cat back kit on my 6.2, nice deep tone and not too loud. My buddies borla atak is too loud for me and I don't care for the tone of it but that's just me. Flowmaster kit was half the price too and it's still all 3.5" stainless the entire length. I'll try to post a cold start video in the morning if I remember too

Edited by Brandon5799

I just did the muffler and flapper delete today and OMG the truck sounds amazing. The tone is deep but not to loud. When on the highway I have 0 drone. This is a must do mod to anyone that just wants to do something cheap at first and later on change it and install a different configuration later if needed.

But I'm telling you its a great mod.