In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
virtualmiller1

Dreaded wheel/tire question

Hey folks,

I'm a longtime lurker.

I recently purchased a 2015 Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 CC. I'm now in the process of investigating options for 22" wheels.

My intent is to find a set of 22x10's with 305/40/22's that won't require modifications to the truck - no lift / level, retain stock 4x4 ride height, no fender liner cutting, etc.

Does anyone have any experience with this combination?

What offset / backspacing is required?

This is the wheel I have in mind...

http://www.mhtwheels.com/mht-luxury-alloy-wheel.cfm?id=10294

Foose_Cruz_RW_A1-1000.jpg

Thanks,

Jeff

That size should work fine, just watch the offset of the wheels. I just put 22x9s on with 285/45/22 and there's plenty of room.

image_7.jpg

• Like 1

And your going to want a positive offset. I believe the 22s I have are +27

I am running factory 22s but with the suggested specs that you mentioned you will be fine as long as you watch your offset but i have to say not much makes these trucks look better than when a nice set of 22s is installed. good luck!

Edited by jkul21

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Slow_5.3
      I was just wondering what size wheel and tires I can fit on my stock 2017 Silverado with little to no rubbing. I want either 18 or 20 inch wheels but I’m not sure what size tire to get. Thanks in advance

• By Fltekdiver
      Hello 

I have a 2017 Silverado 2500HD,  2WD with stock LT265/60R20 tires and rims. 
      I been spending countless hours reading on this topic, and still seem unsure of the answers.

Ride quality is most important to us, so I would like to know what’s the best options to fit something like a Toyo AT2 Tire around 33” to 34” inches and 11” to 12” inches, maybe a 305/55-R20 ? Is their a better riding AT tire that last like the Toyo’s ?
      would I be able to get a negative offset so I have some lip or deeper dish vs the hub moved more out? 
      I been reading positive offsets seem to fit a little Better with less rubbing issues?
      i think a 33” tire by around 11” wide would be a great fit for a leveling kit?

last question, I was think of going max 2” leveling kit, but if I go with aftermarket keys, and shock extenders will it still be close or better then the factory ride? Can I add better shocks to help with the ride? Ride quality is really important to us. We don’t do much towing, Mostly highway/city driving, no off roading.

i had a 2015 2500HD with 33” tires , 11” wide , 2-1/2” Ready lift level kit, and positive offset, but the ride stiffened up allot . We sold the truck and bought the 2017.
    • By TRG
      I've been looking at pics, reading through threads for what seems like months now trying to come up with my upgraded tire/wheel setup...I'm close!  Going from 22x9 rims with +24 offset on 285/45/22 .

This is what I want to change to (I currently have a 2.25" leveling kit):
      Rims = 18x9  Fuel Maverick
      Tires = 275/70/18 (Nitto Ridge or Falken AT3Wildpeak)

What I'm really stuck on is the offset.  It's between -12 and +1.  I really like the look of the -12, but live on a dirt road and am thinking about the tire sticking out more and kicking up rocks and dinging up the side panels every time I drive up and down my road...

Anyone with a similar setup that can offer any opinions?  Those with the large negative offset are you constantly dinging up the paint whenever you hit the dirt?

I'd also be interested  in opinions on the Nitto vs. Falken.

Thanks! 
    • By Airslick
      I am looking for a 20x. . . Setup to fit my stock 275/55s then when I wear them out I want to do 285/55s. I do not want to trim anything and do not want to rub at all. Not sure what offset to run. Looking at hostile alphas in either 20x9 or 20x10 . . . Can’t find a consistent answer to this question.