I am having problems with my air conditioning again. My A/C is blowing warm air and this is the second time I have had this problem since buying my 2015 Sierra less than 6 months ago. A few months ago I had the exact same problem and my dealership diagnosed it as a leaking hose and all of the freon was gone. They had to order a new hose and it took a week for it to come in. They installed the new hose and added more freon and it has been fine for the past 3 months until today. This morning I noticed that the air coming out was warmer than normal even though I have the A/C set at 65 degrees. It was fine yesterday. I am going to monitor it and see if it gets worse and if so make an appointment to take it to the dealer again.

Just wondering if anyone else has had to replace the hose or had a freon issue with their 2014 or 2015 Sierra / Silverado?

I had the same problem, took it to the dealer and they said the same thing. Cracked hose and no freon... Parts ordered and repaired.. Worked one day and then back to not blowing cold air.. Took it to a different dealership and they said it was the air compressor/condesnor.. Replaced it and now it works like it should. No problems... Btw my truck had only 2000 miles on it. I only had it for 2.5 months.. Hope you get yours fixed ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by thrasher2010
  • Like 1

Quite often A/C leaks are caused by a loose fitting on the suction side or high pressure side The O-ring in the fitting does not get compressed properly when the fitting is insufficiently tightened, causing a leak. They have R134 leak detectors, it really is not that hard to pinpoint the problem.

I typically use refrigerant oil to lubricate the fitting threads when I work on A/C systems. Also, when they replace the A/C compressor, they should also replace the receiver/dryer.

I only mention this because this idiot (talking about myself) did this the other day. My AC out of the driver vents felt warmer than usual and I was starting to get upset until I looked at the passenger side temperature and it was on 85! I hit the sync button and everything immediately started cooling off like normal. Have you checked this? I know it seems stupid but, stupid guy right here haha

I only mention this because this idiot (talking about myself) did this the other day. My AC out of the driver vents felt warmer than usual and I was starting to get upset until I looked at the passenger side temperature and it was on 85! I hit the sync button and everything immediately started cooling off like normal. Have you checked this? I know it seems stupid but, stupid guy right here haha

When one of the blend door actuators quits working, then it does not matter what your temperature setting is, it will blow only cold air through that side! But in the OP it really seems like his problem is lack of refrigerant, hence no cooling.

Yes, I checked this and just about every other combination of settings and it's still blowing warm air. The temperature coming out of the vents has been at ambient or a few degrees higher all day. I'm dropping it off tomorrow.

I had the same problem, took it to the dealer and they said the same thing. Cracked hose and no freon... Parts ordered and repaired.. Worked one day and then back to not blowing cold air.. Took it to a different dealership and they said it was the air compressor/condesnor.. Replaced it and now it works like it should. No problems... Btw my truck had only 2000 miles on it. I only had it for 2.5 months.. Hope you get yours fixed ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up on the condenser. I just dropped it off at a different dealer during lunch today and they pulled up a TSB on it. The first time it happened I had 4,000 miles and I currently have 7,000 miles. My adviser told me that they had another truck come in Monday with the same problem and that they diagnosed his as a leaky hose. His truck is still there because they are having a hard time locating a replacement hose for it. I expect to hear back from the dealer tomorrow on what the issue is and will provide update when available.

I got my truck back yesterday afternoon after it spent 7 days at the dealership waiting for a bracket to come in. I've got cold air blowing again and my repair order says "performed PIT5337." Hopefully this is a permanent fix and not a 90 day fix like last time.

I got my truck back yesterday afternoon after it spent 7 days at the dealership waiting for a bracket to come in. I've got cold air blowing again and my repair order says "performed PIT5337." Hopefully this is a permanent fix and not a 90 day fix like last time.

Nowadays It seems that a permanent fix is a fix that lasts until the warranty runs out.

Edited by pm26