Just passed 36k about a month ago on my 2014 Silverado.. Figures... Now have the same AC condenser line issue. The green fluid is slowly dripping at the elbow, and just to the side of the elbow, I can see pressure leakage there.

I've searched around for this service bulletin everyone talks about, but can't find it anywhere. I'd like to bring it to the dealer or local ASE garage. I checked safercar.gov with no luck. Does anyone have a direct link or download to this bulletin? I've read it on Sandy Blogs, but that still tells you to refer to PIT5331 for parts..

repair bulletin PIT5331//OP.CODE 4415010

Just want to add that I went to my Local dealer to get this fixed. Changed the condenser line, added the bracket, vacuum and recharge. Unfortunately I'm out of warranty. Total cost $308.

That sucks! It is clearly a manufacturer's defect and I would think the fix for it would extend beyond the 36k mile warranty. I'd call GM customer service and file a complaint and then see what happens.

• Like 1

my '14 has 75,000 miles and a/c compressor had a crack in the casing. which the shop I had look at it said the compressor caused the condenser to have pressure leak. have used to different dealers for regular service non of which said anything about a fix/bracket for the compressor. the one dealership said the condenser that was the problem. new condenser and labor 800.00. the shop I took it to 1000.00 new compressor and condenser/labor. going to be calling someone!!!!!!!!!

my '14 has 75,000 miles and a/c compressor had a crack in the casing. which the shop I had look at it said the compressor caused the condenser to have pressure leak. have used to different dealers for regular service non of which said anything about a fix/bracket for the compressor. the one dealership said the condenser that was the problem. new condenser and labor 800.00. the shop I took it to 1000.00 new compressor and condenser/labor. going to be calling someone!!!!!!!!!

The add-on bracket evidently is a GM quick fix.. Where the bracket holds the two high pressure lines together. What it "supposed" to do is probably stop or limit the vibration of the HP line that has the elbow in it from vibrating. Without it, the elbow will over stress and eventually crack, like mine and many others have done.

Check out Sandy Blogs for the placement of the bracket. http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=3816

Your can find them on eBay and add it yourself, it's pretty simple after I saw how it was added. eBay has them as cheap as $4.. http://fave.co/1pj4AKs

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem.... On my second trip to dealership for AC not working, they replaced a hose and charged system. Two days later same thing! I take it in to dealer today and now they tell me they have to pull my entire dash and steering column out to fix....They want $1500 plus to fix... This being my third trip to dealer for same problem, I just said screw it give me my truck back.... Paid my bill and left. UNBELIEVABLE for newer truck. I have never experienced issues like this vehicle with under a 100k.

• 1 month later...

I just went through the same issue with my 2014 GMC Sierra with 52k. Took it to the dealer and said the condenssor was cracked... They wanted $1100.... I immediately called GM and told them over the phone they know this is a design flaw and I wanted them to fix the repair since my warranty was up. Sure enough I got a call from the dealer later and they only charged me a deductible fee of $250....

I just went through the same issue with my 2014 GMC Sierra with 52k. Took it to the dealer and said the condenssor was cracked... They wanted $1100.... I immediately called GM and told them over the phone they know this is a design flaw and I wanted them to fix the repair since my warranty was up. Sure enough I got a call from the dealer later and they only charged me a deductible fee of $250....

• 3 weeks later...

I thought i posted this prior, but, i checked my 15' Silverado, 10/14 build date this morning. It appears that my truck already has that bracket installed on it from the factory. I can see the muffler from the top side and the sensor and it connects the two lines.

I've had my truck for just over two years now and I got forty-one thousand kilometers on it lately the AC is not blowing as cold as it used to be and I do not feel uncomfortable anymore if I leave it on ice cold does anyone know what the recommended minimum temperature is the GM use I would like to test it before I take it in