I Installed Driver Seat Lift Kit. WOW!

Ordered and installed this kit on Friday. It's awesome, I can see so much more now. Plus, the wife can drive the truck now as she was too short to see over the steering wheel/dash.

I have about 1000 miles driven with the seat lift kit installed and I love the seating position of my truck now. Before the seat lift kit came along, I was ready to go to a junk yard and buy an electric seat to get the seating position I like. I guess many people like the low sitting position of the manual seat... but not me.

I have about 1000 miles driven with the seat lift kit installed and I love the seating position of my truck now. Before the seat lift kit came along, I was ready to go to a junk yard and buy an electric seat to get the seating position I like. I guess many people like the low sitting position of the manual seat... but not me.

I'm with ya.

I'm with ya.

With yall all the way. My seat is probably 3/4 way up. But I make up for it by leaning back a lot lol

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old post and I'm a 100% new member, but I had to comment. I was actually turned on to the lift kit by seat solutions by a salesman at a dealership I was talking to. I had been specifically looking for a used 2500 with a power seat because I had driven a manual and wasn't happy with the seat height(I'm only 5'4"). The truck this dealership had online didn't have any pictures because they had just gotten it in so I asked for them to send me some. Turns out that it had a manual seat and that's what got us talking about why the power seat was a must for me. He actually came across this thread and told me about it. Little did he know he basically talked me out of buying that truck because not knowing about the seat kit, I was settling for a truck with much higher miles but with a power seat. This info opened me up to significantly more trucks in my budget and I found my new truck this past week. 2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD. Already got the kit ordered and I'm looking forward to installing it hopefully this week. Thanks to you guys on this forum, I saved a few thousand bucks and got a newer truck with less miles. Thanks! dddb94c1e34d0b5ce0fbd1e792a28f98.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 10 months later...
On 9/24/2017 at 9:24 AM, njlungbuster said:

I know this is an old post and I'm a 100% new member, but I had to comment. I was actually turned on to the lift kit by seat solutions by a salesman at a dealership I was talking to. I had been specifically looking for a used 2500 with a power seat because I had driven a manual and wasn't happy with the seat height(I'm only 5'4"). The truck this dealership had online didn't have any pictures because they had just gotten it in so I asked for them to send me some. Turns out that it had a manual seat and that's what got us talking about why the power seat was a must for me. He actually came across this thread and told me about it. Little did he know he basically talked me out of buying that truck because not knowing about the seat kit, I was settling for a truck with much higher miles but with a power seat. This info opened me up to significantly more trucks in my budget and I found my new truck this past week. 2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD. Already got the kit ordered and I'm looking forward to installing it hopefully this week. Thanks to you guys on this forum, I saved a few thousand bucks and got a newer truck with less miles. Thanks! dddb94c1e34d0b5ce0fbd1e792a28f98.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I see that most everyone here is unhappy with their seat height. I have a 2018 GMC Sierra with manual seat and just purchased the seat solutions seat lift kit. https://m.ebay.com/itm/Drivers-Seat-Lift-Kit-2018-Silverado-GMC-Sierra-Truck-how-to-raise-your-seat-/302818198861?oid=302757979628 I must say, it raises the seat quite a bit and makes a huge difference, but is it me or does anyone else feel that it may be a tad bit too high now? I mean perhaps it takes some getting use to and it is definitely better than before, but I wasn’t sure. Besides that the quality of the product is great and I definitely have better visibility! Unfortunately, I was told that it couldn’t be made any lower because the bolts would touch. Just wanted some feedback about how you all personally feel about the product. 

626F6147-AC4F-4C21-A57E-1C1133CD2639.png

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 3/28/2015 at 2:52 PM, Ridgerunner30 said:

I purchased a driver's seat lift kit for my 2015 2500HD from Seat-Solutions on Ebay. This is a major improvement for the seating postion of the manual driver's seat. The kit is very good quality powder coated steel and was very easy to install. I am really happy that Seat-Solutions started building a seat lift kit for the new trucks. The kit raises the seat 1 5/8" which is the same lift the electric seat provides.

When I bought my truck last September I decided not to spend the money for the electric seat. I recognized that the seat sitting position was low and uncomfortable but I thought I would get accustomed to the sitting position. But I have remained very unhappy with position of the seat in my new truck.

The difference in the comfort of the higher seat position is amazing. This is one of the best upgrades I have ever done to a truck.

I have no affiliation with Seat-Solutions. I am just a happy customer.

I am in the same boat with my new 2019 silverado trail boss. was it easy to do? Did you do it yourself? Any tips? Thank you!

On 7/25/2018 at 9:50 AM, Ddavyd22 said:

I see that most everyone here is unhappy with their seat height. I have a 2018 GMC Sierra with manual seat and just purchased the seat solutions seat lift kit. https://m.ebay.com/itm/Drivers-Seat-Lift-Kit-2018-Silverado-GMC-Sierra-Truck-how-to-raise-your-seat-/302818198861?oid=302757979628 I must say, it raises the seat quite a bit and makes a huge difference, but is it me or does anyone else feel that it may be a tad bit too high now? I mean perhaps it takes some getting use to and it is definitely better than before, but I wasn’t sure. Besides that the quality of the product is great and I definitely have better visibility! Unfortunately, I was told that it couldn’t be made any lower because the bolts would touch. Just wanted some feedback about how you all personally feel about the product. 

626F6147-AC4F-4C21-A57E-1C1133CD2639.png

I am 6' 1" in my 2019 and feel low in that seat. It is nice that there is an option like this out there.

• Like 1

I found this thread last week and ordered up the bracket for my "new to me" 2016 Silverado WT. Manual seats all around. I was really uncomfortable in the seats and was always trying to prop myself up to sit up higher.

I just got the kit today and installed it in about 20 minutes. Hopped in and was amazed the difference 1.5" makes. Its a drastic improvement in seat comfort. Worth the $100. 5 stars all around.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 3/28/2015 at 2:52 PM, Ridgerunner30 said:

I purchased a driver's seat lift kit for my 2015 2500HD from Seat-Solutions on Ebay. This is a major improvement for the seating postion of the manual driver's seat. The kit is very good quality powder coated steel and was very easy to install. I am really happy that Seat-Solutions started building a seat lift kit for the new trucks. The kit raises the seat 1 5/8" which is the same lift the electric seat provides.

When I bought my truck last September I decided not to spend the money for the electric seat. I recognized that the seat sitting position was low and uncomfortable but I thought I would get accustomed to the sitting position. But I have remained very unhappy with position of the seat in my new truck.

The difference in the comfort of the higher seat position is amazing. This is one of the best upgrades I have ever done to a truck.

I have no affiliation with Seat-Solutions. I am just a happy customer.