Review: Scorpion Coatings X02 Bedliner Kit

Chris

Thanks for the review Chris. Hadn't heard of this before. Interested to see the long term results. Looks good though and I like the flake in it.

Where Did you find this info at? I was trying to find some details like this on their site but came up short, as far as longevity is concerned. And I'm assuming the 2500 hours is sunshine hours, so more like a year, but still not as much as I'd hope for.

I'll have to dig some more and see if there are any long term (multiple year) reviews out there.

I found the information on their website. Click the link below, then click "Physical Properties".

http://www.scorpioncoatings.com/products/xo2-products/xo2/

There's some other information there also such as tear strength. Tear strength is 352 psi. To compare, Rhino is 225 psi (Tuff Grip and Hardline) and LINE-X is 490 psi (Standard or Premium) and 750 psi (Pro and Platinum).

I found the information on their website. Click the link below, then click "Physical Properties".

http://www.scorpioncoatings.com/products/xo2-products/xo2/

There's some other information there also such as tear strength. Tear strength is 352 psi. To compare, Rhino is 225 psi (Tuff Grip and Hardline) and LINE-X is 490 psi (Standard or Premium) and 750 psi (Pro and Platinum).

That 2500 hour thing was the benchmark test. They then pulled nukbers based off of that time

Hmmmm. I am tempted but have never used a drywall gun. I could f*** up painting a flat wall. How does the color tinting work? I have a blue truck and was thinking a blue bed liner might be alright. At this point I almost don't have to do any scuffing :) she is getting pretty well worn in.

I like the water heater test. My last Line-X did not stand up to that one. Some water was left in tank and the limestone/water that came out (not a lot) permanently screwed with the color (black). Was only in there for less than 2 hours until I washed it out. Called the shop that did it and they said nothing could be done, I would have to bring it back in. 2 hours away. Traded it in like that.

Hmmmm. I am tempted but have never used a drywall gun. I could f*** up painting a flat wall. How does the color tinting work? I have a blue truck and was thinking a blue bed liner might be alright. At this point I almost don't have to do any scuffing :) she is getting pretty well worn in.

I like the water heater test. My last Line-X did not stand up to that one. Some water was left in tank and the limestone/water that came out (not a lot) permanently screwed with the color (black). Was only in there for less than 2 hours until I washed it out. Called the shop that did it and they said nothing could be done, I would have to bring it back in. 2 hours away. Traded it in like that.

Color tinting is fairly simple. Instead of using the black that comes with the kit, go to your local paint supply and buy the base color you want and mix it in instead of black. As for the gun, there are a lot of youtube videos. I didnt change the tip of the gun and kept it regulated. Air constantly flows through the gun, but material doesnt come out until you pull the trigger. I put the regulator at the gun so i could shut off air since i only have a 15 gallon compressor.

Threw a set of wrecking yard leaf springs on the liner today. I was not kind because they were heavy, dirty, and i was wearing a nice new shirt. It is raining so i havent investigated their effect to the liner yet.

69634c587959daefd1c2ae24f9545ae2.jpg

• 2 months later...
After watching all the Scorpion Coatings Video’s.. and learning more about the product and its application.. I see the need for the following:
Skiffing Cup Brushes for the entire bed for use on my Polisher. 6” and 4” $???

Plastic Sheeting to cover the truck $???

Masking Tapes 2 rolls at least $??? maybe 4
Mixing/Measuring tubs/buckets $???
Mold Release for the gun $???
Process
Mask everything
Skuff the bed
Clean the bed
Spray Adhesion Promoter
Spray the bed - cut in plus two or three passes
Remove the plastic cover & masking tape
OK - so you are going to spend an initial $200.00 for the “Kit”, then another $50.00 to $100.00 on all the other supplies/materials.
So you are going to spend $300.00 and 8 hours working - doing all this the first time. I know it takes me 3 times as long to mask something off - as it takes my buddy - that works in a body shop to do. I’m sure that if you did this five or six times - you could do it all in 3 hours.. but first time 8 to 10 hours.
My local LineX Dealer charges $533.00 for basic black with a lifetime guarantee. Personally I wouldn’t go though all this and take the risk of how it would turn out - to save $233.00.

• 9 months later...

How is this holding up? I just had my dealership spray this liner in and I love how it turned out.

Still doing great. It doesnt get much hard work. But it does even handle cases of water, soda, and beer cases well.

Archived