Hello,

I recently just bought fuel lethals 20x12 -44 offset with 35x12.5x20 Atturo trail blades and a 7-9" Mcgaughy lift. The lift is back ordered and I am hoping to install it the 18th. I will definitely let you know what cutting/trimming is necessary and whether it is trimming the fenders or metal. I thought my 20x12's looked big in person but I can't imagine 22x14's. I can't wait to see what you decide.

Back to the point of the thread I didn't mean to hijack it, but I would not recommend doing a lift smaller than 6".

Same goes for the extreme lft guys - you may spend the dough on a full suspension lift and tires, and it may look the part, but w/ 3.42 gears and 355 or even 420 HP, super heavy tires, you're really not any better offroading than a stock truck other than ground clearance, in terms of power to the ground you're heavier and down on torque and gears, what's the point?

Gearing is obviously important but the larger tires and travel of a good lift will make a massive difference offroad even if the truck is a bit underpowered.

I am going to get regared but I can tell you with the new tranny and a good tune my truck on 35" mudders is just as powerful as it was stock.

Hello,

I recently just bought fuel lethals 20x12 -44 offset with 35x12.5x20 Atturo trail blades and a 7-9" Mcgaughy lift. The lift is back ordered and I am hoping to install it the 18th. I will definitely let you know what cutting/trimming is necessary and whether it is trimming the fenders or metal. I thought my 20x12's looked big in person but I can't imagine 22x14's. I can't wait to see what you decide.

Back to the point of the thread I didn't mean to hijack it, but I would not recommend doing a lift smaller than 6".

If you are setting the lift at 9" you won't need to trim anything with that set up, I have the same lift and I am currently running 20x10 -24's with 35x12.50 mudders. I will be going to RS2's that are 20x12 -44 also with 37x13.50's. Even with 37's you only need to trim a bit in the front.

You will be golden if you set it at 9" with no trimming at all.

Edited by LifeisthePits

Awesome input from everyone so far! I'm glad I ended up posting here before I made a firm decision, so the wide wheels route is totally scrapped for now. I don't mind the street truck look with 24s and low pro tires, I had a similar set up on my cadillac but like it was mentioned before the ride does suffer. Maybe a happy medium would be 22s with decent sized rubber. 20s are a little small for my taste.

22 inch wheels with a level and AT/MT tires...thoughts? I know, I know I've been all over the place since this thread first started but I'd be stupid not to take advantage of all the knowledge on these boards while brainstorming ideas hahaha

dylbeau1500 I'm looking forward to seeing how your set up turns out

You could do 22' and 33'. Would looks pretty good IMO. But keep in mind your most likely still gonna be rubbing pretty bad with a 10 wide rim.. As I said before I have a leveled 2500 on 33's with a 10 wide and I'm rubbing pretty good

Here's a pic of 20 inch rims with 33 inch toyo MT's just so you can get an idea! I toyed with the idea of 22's and 33's and sometimes I wish I did it but it definatley is a lot of rim and little sidewall.

c1541bba70d6ac37dff87c61a1e6efae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope the picture worked but I was in the same boat as you but spent the money haha. I bought 24s and loved the way it looked but hated the way it rode. Since I live in San Francisco I couldn't lift the truck like I wanted (small parking garages) so I went with a 2 inch level and 22s with 33s. I am really happy with the way it turned out.

Silverado

• Like 1

That looks perfect! How wide are your 22s? What tire size are you running? Wheels offset?

Thank you! The tires are 33x12.5x22 I think. I want to say the offset is -12? I honestly never really looked into that LOL I just wanted it leveled with 22s and 33s. I do wish the tires stuck out a little more then they do though

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
18 hours ago, Amoyeda said:

Hello I’m new at this truck stuff but I’m wondering if 22x12 on 25 will rub on a 4 inch lift on a 2017 Chevy 

Tire size? Wheel offset?
Difficult to answer without that information.