All season tires: Michellin or Bridgestone?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i replaced the same size 20" tires on my '13 Expedition at about 7500 miles. The LTX's totally transformed that vehicle.

I will be replacing the stock Goodyears on this truck when I get a few more miles out of them with the Michelin's. Actually looking forward to it.

I put the Michelin M/S2s on at the same time I replaced the shocks with Bilstein 4600s. Completely different vehicle to drive. The truck came with those mud and snow 18 inch Bridgestones. At about 25,000 miles the Bridgestones started to howl so bad I thought there was a wheel bearing going out.

i strongly agree with the majority of the guys here! I would easily pay $400 a piece for Michelins if they would make them in 22s! I have had Michelins on several vehicles in past, cars, SUVs, and trucks. Never once had an issue and always improved the ride, although some were factory tires. In my earlier life, I spent 14 years in Germany, 3 tours in the Air Force, and ran Michelins on everything I ever owned, even VW beetles! YES, if you have 20s or less, I can guarantee you cannot beat Michelins for ride and handling! Just my experienced opinion based on 69 vehicles owned with at least 40 of them running Michelins!

they do, they are bfg tko at's. Michelin owns BFG. I know that is not what you meant but just thought I would inform ya.

Yeah, they bought BFG back in the late 80s. Still, the BFG processes and compounds are BFG and continue to be of lesser quality than Michelin.

+1

I'm just disappointed that Michelin doesn't do a more aggressive AT. I'd be on it.

More aggressive PERFORMANCE and more aggressive LOOK are not mutually inclusive. I would wager the Michelin LTX AT2's PERFORM the same or better as say Toyo open countrys or Nitto terra grapplers, they just don't LOOK as aggressive....they probably last a helluvalot longer and are quieter and probably give better on the road traction/handling as well...that's my guess anyhow

Very seriously considering the LTX AT2s for my factory 18s but in 275/65 vs 265/65. I've had other Michelin tires and very much agree you can't go wrong with them.

AT2s will be on my truck in the next few months. I was considering the Toyo AT, but the tire guys said the Michelins last longer and ride better (he's had both on his truck.) The look of the Toyo is more aggressive, but I'd rather have the ride and durability these days. Its not a show truck.

Just swapped my factory Good Years for Michelin LTX MS/2. I have always bought Michelins as OEM replacements. I hated my GY oem LS2's on my Sierra (poor traction/ rough ride) so I decided to just bite the bullet early (14K miles on my Sierra) and throw the GY's away (or put them in the garage)... Discount Tire gave me $50 a tire for the used Good Years'.

You can argue the math...GY's maybe gonna get 40K miles... but I'll take their $200 and move on with my new Michelins!

I got that Michelin feel as soon as it came down off the jacks.

• 2 months later...

Well, I just pulled the trigger on some Revos this weekend. I've run them several times in the past with no complaints. They do wear faster then the Michelins, but I think the softer rubber gives them better street traction. And they look more aggressive than the Michelins.

Also, the Revos are an AT tire. The H/L Alenzas are the street version of Bridgestone Duelers. I have those on my truck currently, and have also run them for years on my 2wd Yukon. They are a great street tire. And the new ones (Alenza plus) are rated for 80,000 miles now.

Archived