Can somebody tell me what this sound is?

This is on my son's 2003 1500 4x4. It sounds like the transfer case to me. I noticed it when I was driving under 25mph the other day. I stopped and it stopped. I'd take off again and it would come back after about a minute.

Yikes! :noway:

Might be some trashed bearings in there allowing one of the shafts to walk around inside ...

Oil samples first thing boys ,

The metal shine tells the tale and then that component comes out and apart for an estimate !!!!

Do not throw a new componant in !!!!! It's not how it's done in the real world

Oil samples first thing boys ,

The metal shine tells the tale and then that component comes out and apart for an estimate !!!!

Do not throw a new componant in !!!!! It's not how it's done in the real world

Thanks gov.

I had my son pull the drain plug and drain a bit of fluid in a cup. We poured it on a white paper towel and it was clean. No chunks or shavings.

What next???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah if you got no metal out of the T-case with that kind of noise, I'd be dropping the tranny pan next ...

Pretty sure it's the trans. My son tried to move it today and it just ground in reverse and didn't move. I'll drop it off at the trans shop on Monday to see what the damage is;)

Pretty sure it's the trans. My son tried to move it today and it just ground in reverse and didn't move. I'll drop it off at the trans shop on Monday to see what the damage is;)

They will tear it down and present an estimate for you .... IF the cost of the repair is higher than a replacement assembly then THAT estimate will be presented to you ... Make sure the cooler gets flushed BEFORE THE TRANNY IS INSTALLED EITHER WAY !!!

I may have done this a few bazillion times lol

Let us know that the sunshell did poop the bed lol

Archived