[PICS]Don't forget to change your cabin filter!

I have searched owners manual, this site, other forums, Google, and YouTube with out much help or clear answers. Found several for sale for my truck, but it was very hit and miss, even at well known stores.

My questions are:

Does the 2014 Silverado 1500 4x4 LT have a cabin air filter?

If so: Can I replace it? How? Where can I buy one, other than dealer? Who makes a quality product? Part #?

Any info or point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, all Silverados have had them for about 15 years. Look in the owners manual on page 8-9, it gives pictures on how to access it, it involves removing the glove box door.

Nope not all GMT800's or 900's had em, forget what yr they stopped (03?). My 2010 doesnt have one. Looks like they brought it back for the 14's+?

Edited by RyanbabZ71

Well I stand corrected, my 2000 had one, as does my 14, just assumed they kept them all the way through. Kind of like the rear disc brakes, brought them back for 14 as well.

The gmt900s had those too if you got the vmax 6.0 or 6.2l engines

Ryan

You may have just not know where to look because my '02 most definitely did have in-cabin air filters. Per the manual, if you have an air conditioner, you had the filter (page 6-21 for the 2002 Sierra manual).

Whatever...not worth arguing about.

Has anyone left the cabin filter out of a truck that originally had one? I didn't even know what a cabin filter was until my '02 was clogged with dust. My '07 didn't have one at all and seemed to work fine. Not sure I would bother replacing the one on my '14 unless there is a real reason.

Has anyone left the cabin filter out of a truck that originally had one? I didn't even know what a cabin filter was until my '02 was clogged with dust. My '07 didn't have one at all and seemed to work fine. Not sure I would bother replacing the one on my '14 unless there is a real reason.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know if the cabin air filter in the 2014's are a requirement or can you leave it out?? I am having a hard time locating one other than going to the dealer. The Fram website states it is not needed.

None of the retail auto stores have them in stock as they only carry the engine air filter.

Does anyone know if the cabin air filter in the 2014's are a requirement or can you leave it out?? I am having a hard time locating one other than going to the dealer. The Fram website states it is not needed.

None of the retail auto stores have them in stock as they only carry the engine air filter.

I contacted Jay Buckley who is a Fram technical training director. He does some posting over at the bobistheoilguy.com forums. I asked him back in early September about cabin air filters for the new 2014 GM trucks (the fact that the owner's manual lists a filter but the Fram website does not as you mentioned). This is what he found out for me:

"The filter is being released at the end of september, should be in stores by the end of the year. Part# CF11809. We were taken by suprise on this because GM had caf's in trucks, then took them out and are now putting them back in. Thanks for the heads up"

I spoke with Fram CS this morning looking for an update and they didn't have any. Doing a search for that part number doesn't bring up anything either. Maybe next month.

• Like 1