[PICS]Don't forget to change your cabin filter!

I read was thinking the redneck way. When I change mine I'll cut the side of the case of beer to fit. It should slip right in pull the filter vacuum off the cardboard and be ready for the new one.

I also had a piece of cardboard ready to use but whatever you use, because of the angle it goes in under the old filter, it needs to be bent. I never did try the cardboard because the plastic worked so well and recovered its shape after it was slid into place. Anything you decide to use has to be pretty thin because of the tight fit.

Good luck. Beer is always good after a successful job is done..............

• Like 1

i had the idea of using plastic somewhere above in this thread. last time i changed my filter, i decided to cut up the ac delco box the filter came in. when i got down there and saw that it would take bending, i gave up on the idea and just pulled the filter. after fishing out the pecan leaves from the blower, i had no issues. and after seeing the dead mouse, i will be real sure to use a flexible plastic next time its due!

• 2 months later...

I finally changed mine today with almost 25k miles on it with the K&N filter. I have to say the pic doesn't do it justice, it was pretty dirty. Straw, leaves, bugs, dirt, grime... I also checked my engine air filter which was still very clean in comparison. I don't understand how do these cabin ones get so dirty while the engine one stays so clean.

post-138443-0-30361700-1461461567_thumb.jpg

Edited by mjj

SO does a 2015 Silverado 5.3 - HAVE a cabin filter ?? dealership says NO . who is right ???????? my 2012 Silverado didn't have one.

I can't see it not having one. My 2014 Silverado 5.3 has one.

Pretty easy to get to it. Remove the 4 screws on the bottom glove box and it's right behind it.

• 4 months later...

Anyone else have trouble finding the Fram Fresh Breeze filter for our truck? (Model #: CF11809) I've searched every dealer location the Fram website in my area and none have it. I've looked on Amazon, and only 1 seller there has it, and it's a 'brand new seller' fresh out of Japan. (Very suspect!) Getting really frustrated with this...