[PICS]Don't forget to change your cabin filter!

2014+ trucks all have a cabin air filter, I don't care what the dealership tells you. If the dealer is too lazy to look it up on the parts computer then it might be time to find a new dealer.

I will be replacing mine soon and wish I had compressed air and a compact vacuum at home to clean the filter housing as much as possible. I just might remove the filters and go to the local carwash that has both for more piece of mind, I'm sure a lot of dust and debris will come out of there.

I recently used the compressed air tool between the dashboard, under the seats, and all of the areas I could easily get to and so much crap came out!

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

i have a 15 suburban and had same bower noise after replacing the cabin filter. took ti tot he dealer thinking that it was a warranty issue but i was charged 150 bucks because they claimed that it's a maintenance issue. i also contacted Gm customer service and was told the same thing. i still think it's a design flaw. they should not have the blower directly UNDERNEATH the filter. the blower should have been vertically place to prevent anything falling into it. JUST BE WARY when replacing your cabin filter. Don't get charged like me. BTW my brother has a 2015 Yukon XL and he had the same noise after replacing the cabin filter but he cleaned his blower himself after i told him that i was charged for cleaning.

• 1 year later...
On 7/10/2014 at 11:52 AM, patriot said:

My '02 Silverado didn't have one.

You must have gotten one late in 2002.  My 2002 has one.  What a mess if I forget to change it with all the pollen and leaves around here.

Also my 2014 Chevy Cruze has one and I just installed a K&N cabin filter. I know that they are not that expensive but if you change them out every year at $10 a pop the K&N pays for it's self. Plus I got if for Christmas. :)

Edited by Black02Silverado

Cabin filters, as well as engine air filters are one of the easiest thing to change. Very satisfying to turn down the dealer when they recommend at servicing for $50-$60 and the order a pair on Amazon for $19 combined and DIYS.

• 1 month later...

I installed a new AC Delco cabin filter in my ‘14 GMC Sierra 1500 today.  Made certain arrow on new filter pointed down on install.

Truck just turned 25,000 - purchased new in August ‘14.

Wow! This filter was dirty!  Going to change this every 2 Years or 12,000 Miles.

222EB64B-8856-4C22-961F-2BE6F2DE08CA.jpeg

4AE65CBF-0535-4E47-9FE0-82BC7BC6A447.jpeg

164F55D0-A7E9-43BA-963F-3B046305937A.jpeg

EBFC4865-48B3-4F1C-9510-F99CF007F40C.jpeg

F1C05310-13E6-4D23-A6D3-DF6FF321596D.jpeg