[PICS]Don't forget to change your cabin filter!

My truck is a few months old, but with 13k on it I am sure mine is nasty. Thanks for the heads up. I was always baffled that my 07 did not have a cabin air filter. Ordering 1 now.

I have not opened mine up to change it yet. Only 7500 on my truck. But was wondering is there a way to say vaccum any leaves etc out before actully completely removing the filter to prevent the stuff from falling down into the system or is it a matter of bad design which is causing this?

Going to have to change mine soon. 27k mi. I'd like a charcoal or odor reducing filter, I hate trailing in the wake of some nasty diesel.

Ditto. Glad I saw this thread, I hated that cabin filters got pulled. As long as you keep up with them, they rock. Especially for those of us with allergies when a HEPA filter is available.

I pulled my cabin filter today to see I could find the nasty smell I was getting. Here is the filter and the little a-hole that caused the problem...

PAT77WP.jpg?1

Oh my gosh! Is that insulation from under the hood or firewall? I would have been a little furrious. Stinkin rodents.

Oh my gosh! Is that insulation from under the hood or firewall? I would have been a little furrious. Stinkin rodents.

I haven't been able to find any insulation damage in the engine compartment yet - but I did find damage to items in my garage. I have traps set all over the garage, but this little bastard outsmarted them all apparently.

There's actually a retrofit kit that includes the new cover to hold the filter in. The details of the filter slot and cover retainer are molded into the OEM duct work, but they just didn't put a filter in. Same for the GMT900

Part number for the kit?

It's been asked a few times but couldn't find a solid answer, anyone manage to find the best method of removing it without things falling down and causing the noise? I need to change mine, I'm at 19k.

Changed mine last night and it was nasty!! (15,000 miles) Thanks to this post I did the "leaf test" prior to re-assembling, and of course it made the horrendous noise. Fortunately, I was able to jam my hand in there to remove the leaf. Thank you.

• Like 1

It's been asked a few times but couldn't find a solid answer, anyone manage to find the best method of removing it without things falling down and causing the noise? I need to change mine, I'm at 19k.

this!!

i am scared to open mine up ha ha...

im at 20k miles.

Maybe its best to do this much much sooner after seeing all the stuff all of you are pulling out in your filters. I'm at almost 8000 miles but I might open mine up soon just to try to avoid any issues.

I changed mine at 15000 miles and it was dirty. Might need changing every 10000. I didnt have any large particles or anything so i dont think anything fell. Just take your time and pull out slow when changing thats about the best advice i can give. Its kind of a bitch to get out.