In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
rusty01

Best hitch for TT

Looking to replace the hitch on the truck in my sig. The original one is rather rusty and a bit sketchy. Any recommendations on which hitches I should consider? TT weighs around 7500 loaded.

It looks like the Curt 15324 may be the only game in town. I don't about best, but I've always been happy with Curt products. That particular hitch doesn't come with a mount for the trailer plug, if you want one you'll have to fabricate or buy one.

There are several options. I'd check out etrailer.com. Biggest thing I'd recommend is to ensure you get a Class V since you have a 2500.

I just put a Curt 15302 on my 2006 2500. Nice hitch and bolted up perfectly. It's a class V with good tongue weight. and was a couple hundred bucks on Amazon.

Had a Curt on my '10-1500 to replace the tin can factory hitch. Night and day difference, and fit great!

That Curt hitch seems mighty beefy! Looks like the one I will most likely go with. Going to inspect the factory hitch first just to see what condition it really is in.

Just because the factory hitch looks ok, if it is a round tube design (it is the same style as the trucks, right?) it can actually twist when you hook up your wd bars depending on your tw and hitch adjustment. Actually watched it happen w/ my '10-1500 factory hitch.

B&W Hitches are highly recommended.

UPDATE: I ended up ordering the Curt hitch. Hasn't been installed yet but I will give an update once it is installed and I try er out!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Brizzo Jenkins
      So the Chevrolet owners manual says to not tow a 4 x 4 vehicle with a single speed transfer case with “any“ wheels on the ground. It says to use a flatbed tow truck only. I will always do what Chevy says, as to not void my warranty. But, I can’t conceptually understand in my brain why I can’t tow my truck in 2-wheel drive with the rear wheels lifted off the ground and the front wheels on the pavement rolling. As long as my four-wheel-drive is not engaged, why would my front wheels do any damage to the vehicle? From my understanding, when the vehicle is in 2 Wheel Dr., the front differential is disconnected from the transfer case and front drive train. Why would this cause damage? 

inversely, couldn’t I  disconnect the rear drive shaft and tow it with the rear wheels only on the ground?

just seems weird that Chevy says “no“ to absolutely any options with towing with wheels on the ground. I mean, how the hell do they expect me to get it on a flatbed tow truck without “pulling it with wheels on the ground”. Just a thought. Maybe someone with more knowledge of the Single speed  transfer case linkage/ 4-wheel drive system can advise.  
    • By PIP_AT4
      We are upgrading to a 2020 GMC AT4 HD 3500 and should be delivered soon.

Asking $47,000

Follow this link for additional photos Facebook Marketplace ad

So...Look no further for your next tow vehicle! Tow in style, tow with confidence!! This 2015 GMC Denali HD 2500 in Black Onyx has all the bells and whistles and more! She has only 52500 miles on her!

This truck has been upgraded with BlueOx Gooseneck Hitch, a Second 7 Way connector in bed to secure your Gooseneck or Fifth-Wheel camper trailer wiring harness to help you tow in comfort and with confidence. It has also been upgraded with a Pop-A-Lock remote lock actuator for tailgate (unlocks tailgate when you unlock your truck). To help with those horrible GM headlights, this Denali has been upgraded with GTR Lighting Gen 5 HID 5000K headlights and Morimoto XB LED foglights...I cannot begin to tell you how much of a difference this has made! For just that little bit of oomph or MPG, this GMC has also been upgraded with the Banks Ram Air intake and Banks exhaust with chrome tip. Upgraded Shocks to BILSTEIN 5100 series shocks at 43500 miles.

A Banks AutoMind programmer, is available and negotiable with purchase of this 2015 GMC Denali HD.

• By Sanramir
      For sale i have OEM Tow Mirrors DQS takeoffs from a 2014 GMC Sierra.  I have additional pictures upon request, doesn’t let me upload on here.

I’m asking for $500 shipped or local pickup in Dallas, Tx
    • By jmrec100
      I'm confused about what trucks are good for towing.  Is there a BASIC summary of whether a 1/2, 3/4 1 ton etc is good for towing as to what limit is the GVWR of each rated truck. I know there are other factors to consider. I'm looking for just a basic starting point if there is such a thing.
      I want to tow around either a TT or 5th wheel between 26 to 30 ft. Of course different weight ratings. Example what is the maximum tow for a 3/4 ton. Ideally, get more truck than needed.  Should I start looking at a 3/4 ton and then a 1 ton? What is the max that a 1/2 ton should even be considered.  I'm looking to actually live in my RV full time for a year and maybe much longer. Being semi retired, I want some time off from a land based stick and stone structure and explore this great country. I'd like to buy used. What years and models should I avoid for towing? I don't want this to be a bad mouth GM or Chevy trucks. I'm asking for a reliable truck or even a SUV . I'm taking my 3 small dogs with. Long story, she is divorcing to find herself or some bleep. And I will not abandoned these dogs we have had for the last 10 plus years as she will do. So.... I want time away, and just some time exploring. Any help of truck to choose would be fantastic.
    • By 5UCKM3510W
      I know the 6112s are semi-new to the community. My question is what would be the lowest possible notch I can install these and still have enough clearance to fit 275X 65R 20 KO2s. I’d imagine the notch settings are similar to the 5100s accept there is 1 extra notch I believe. I have been searching online for the past week and cannot find anyone that confirms the lowest possible setting to fit these tires. I know I can install them at the highest setting and fit just fine, But I am trying to keep rake in the rear due to occasional towing and i do not want to add a leveling block to the rears. I was thinking the third notch (1.25” of lift) would work but I’m not sure if It will get rubbing.  Does anyone have any idea on this? I currently have a 2.5 inch leveling spacer but do not want to install it when I switch to the Bilstein 6112s. Thanks!