In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

New 2015 Denali HD and ?s

All,

I somehow managed to talk my fiancé into a new truck! Went this weekend and picked up this beauty. I never would have expected to buy the Red but it grew on me a lot. We camp with a travel trailer so black was out because of dirt/pollen showing and had a white 1500.

Couple questions:

1) How do the dual batteries work? Together, one for engine one for accessories? Do they have protection if I have the radio playing for extened periods or head lights on?

2) New Power Mirrors

- Anyone try to get the mirrors to reset by hitting it three times open and closed?

- Also, my passenger mirror does not seem to be going down with the reverse setting?

- And, are the new tow mirrors in a set position in terms of moving arms forward/back? I would like to move the driver mirror forward a touch, but it seems to click in the current position.

3) High Idle - I set this to on and it looked like it kicked in today when it was 50 degrees. Should I leave this on?

4) Should I let it idle to warm up? Used to gas engines and just jumping in and taking off

6) I remember rice burners back in high school having turbo timers to allow for cooling. Do diesels need anything similar?

x3e6tt.jpg

Thanks for any feedback!

-Bryce

Edited by bcridez

Good looking truck, that is not a bad color in my mind. I can't help on the new mirrors but with my truck I do let it "warm" year round before I put it into gear and take off. Right now it is just a minute or two, long enough to turn on the "engine braking button" and put my name badge on for work and then I'm off, when I get to work pull up park let the engine idle down crack all windows and then turn the key off, I have about a 10 mile drive that takes about 20 minutes most days. Hope this helps. :jester: