Sea Foam in FUEL quieted the lifters?

After work tonight i noticed a rough idle every 3 or so seconds so i said what the heck and added some sea foam to the fuel, truck instantly smoothed out when i started it and the lifters went silent? Kind of confused. I did get a full syn oil change today at local dealer but the lifters made the noise still all day. Ive added sea foam to the crank in the past on my ford f250 and once on the silverado, but figured id leave just plain dexos in there for now and see what happens. But adding it to the fuel makes no sense to me? Could anyone chime in? Ill give an update after i drive a few miles tomorrow. Thanks, Mike.

So today after say 35 miles the noise is back, not as bad but the "lifter" noise has come back a bit, so has a bit of the rough idle, i know my gap is .045 and should be .040 but the old ones were .045 so thats what i did with the new ones, they came at .045 outa the box so i figured someone must know something other than .05

40 being the best. Ill keep updating as time goes on. Gonna fix the gap to .040 over the weekend and go from there. First part of the day though the truck was silent and hard to tell if it was even on when idling

Well, I am not an expert or anything close, but I was told not to touch the tips of the Delco Iridium plugs as attempting to gap them would ruin them.

I just changed mine at 103,000 and to be honest I couldn't tell any difference, so those plugs are awesome.

Well, I am not an expert or anything close, but I was told not to touch the tips of the Delco Iridium plugs as attempting to gap them would ruin them.

I just changed mine at 103,000 and to be honest I couldn't tell any difference, so those plugs are awesome.

You are correct on the iridium spark plugs. Most iridium spark plugs come with preset gaps and usually have some sort of protective sleeve or cardboard cone that cover the electrode end of the plug.

The plug packaging is usually marked as "do not gap". Trying to adjust the preset gap on an iridium plug may cause damage to the porcelain and the electrode, that will destroy the plug.

If you really need to adjust the gap, be very careful not to damage that small center electrode. Those tips are very sensation and easy to damage if you touch it.

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

Down to low fuel light so filling up only with no sea foam and 93 octane to see what that does, truck started to act like before the sea foam once i got down to a quarter tank so i don't know what to think of that. Lifters still pretty quiet but vibrations were all totally back. Will give an update after i burn through 94 octane tank of gas

Still sounds like spark knock to me. Which would mean you may have carbon build up inside the combustion area. If I recall Seafoam does temporarily boosts the octane which would compensate for the spark knock. The same as you running higher octane fuel. However, this is temporary and until you get rid of the carbon build up your engine will not be happy on lower octane fuel. Hopefully the Seafoam has starting breaking that carbon up but will require additional treatments. I'm currently seeing similar symptoms and I'm trying fuel treatments to hopefully break some of that up without me having to pull the heads.

If Seafoam didn't work, try BG44K. It's supposed to be the best stuff out there and it's pretty potent so don't get it anywhere near the paint as it will strip it right off.

If you can't find it anywhere near you, the Techron stuff is supposed to be pretty good.

https://www.bgprod.com/catalog/gasoline-fuel-system/bg-44k-fuel-system-cleaner/

Archived