In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Well what do you plan on hauling or pulling around? The dually will be more stable pulling anything from a big camper to a bobcat, but is also more of a pain to park and or daily drive. I went from a 2500 to a single rear wheel mostly because it was $1k cheaper at the time and license tabs for the 3500 were over $500 cheaper.

• Like 1

I will hardly ever haul anything besides my dad's boat. I like the look of the 3500 dually. I really don't need the long bed though. I am a truck driver to that's one reason I'm partial to duallys

I would get a SRW long bed or just a 2500 short bed... The duallys do look cool but I had a dually before and it gets old trying to park and worrying about clipping things with the flares... I have a CCSB duramax and wouldn't get it in any other combo!

Edited by KMGZ400
  • Like 2

Get the 2500. The duallys ride harder and as stated mean ANY drive thru is a real challenge or simply out of the question.

I would say getting them just for the looks is the wrong reason, I think you would be much happier with out them. But it is your money and you can do what you wish!!

I test drove both and they didn't have a 2500 with a long bed as I will need it in a few weeks for a move. Both trucks road quiet well. I went with the 3500 and I got a pretty good deal on it and my wife's Yukon Denali. post-143315-143115351428_thumb.jpg

post-143315-143115351428_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I will hardly ever haul anything besides my dad's boat. I like the look of the 3500 dually. I really don't need the long bed though. I am a truck driver to that's one reason I'm partial to duallys

I am a commercial truck owner/driver also, but I have no love for "dually's". I even run wide based 445/50R22.5 singles on my semi truck drives. I prefer them to duals any day. I just wish they offered a similar wide tire that could replace duals on something like a 3500HD. For a pickup, a wide based single would be lighter than duals, carry the same weight, and offer better fuel efficiency just like they do with commercial semi trucks.

Edited by Cowpie

Do you happen to know what size tires they are, rim width, load rating, etc?

Super singles aren't so great when you get a flat, there's no name brand tire service avaiable and your held hostage to toothless inbred bob's tire service and the maypop that he shows up with for the bargain price of $699 plus installation.

I was looking for a 2500HD and ended up with a 3500HD DRW, because I got a really good deal. It's great for towing and hauling, and horrible for everything else. Overall it wasn't worth the money saved.

I've seen a couple of F350 that were jacked up and running 22.5's with super singles in the back. I've heard there are 19.5 super singles out there but never seen one for sale, and no telling how much it would cost to get a custom rim from a company like Alcoa or Rickson. I'm not sure that I would ever commercial truck tires on a 7,000ish pound truck and not expect to have some major balancing/ ride quality issues.

Sure super singles are not the greatest if one gets a flat, but one has the same problem if a steer goes flat, and no one runs duals on a 5th wheel livestock trl, rv, etc behind a pickup. And I have over 400K miles on the wide based singles on my semi tractor, no issues, and I just measured tread depth at 12/32nd with nice even wear. Guess it all depends on ones perspective.

Do you happen to know what size tires they are, rim width, load rating, etc?

It was a 22.5 front and back i don't remember the width of the super singles but they came off a 18 Wheeler

Ok. They would be 14" width rims.