In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
mikebb6

leveled my chevy 2500hd what size tires to run on 20in X 9 rim

hey how is it going guys. I just leveled my chevy 2500 hd with rough country leveling kit and im trying to figure out what size tire to put on my American Racing AR901 rims they are 20in x 9. any idea? thank you.

I just had the Congito Level installed and am running 295/70/18 Toy ATIIs on stock rims. Looks good and zero rubbing.

I have an RC 2" level, and I'm running the ATII's as well in 295/60/R20, on stock 20" rims. They look pretty good (still look a little small on the truck to me), and no rubbing. I don't think you can go much larger without some rubbing. I posted picks in the "pictures of your 2500HD" thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went cognitive and run285/65/20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey how is it going guys. I just leveled my chevy 2500 hd with rough country leveling kit and im trying to figure out what size tire to put on my American Racing AR901 rims they are 20in x 9. any idea? thank you.

You've got a lot of options....as long as your new rims have a positive offset. The tallest you can probably go is a 285/65/20 (and that may be too tall, depending on your rims). The next tallest would be a 275/65/20. They should fit without any trouble. A 305/55/20 or 33x12.50x20 will be the widest tire you can fit (also depends on your new rims). A 295/60/20 should also fit, and is a nice compromise of extra height and width. If you want a wider stance, go with the 305's. If you just want a taller tire to fill out the wheel wells, then look into the 285/65 or 275/65. The 295/60/20 (around 34" tall and 11.5" wide) is right in the middle.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Seapacer2
      Hello Everyone,

I have been looking at adding a couple of cameras to my 2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali.  These trucks can be difficult to pull into parking spaces and lots, especially if they are smaller.  I just recently raised the front end about 2-3 inches, this has made parking a even bigger challenge.    Yes, when parking I try to back into most of the parking spaces, but sometimes that option isn't available.

The system I have been looking at is from Echomaster, this system is listed under GM accessories and is labeled Intellihaul.  The multi-camera system comes complete with a interface module, wiring, two (2) cameras that are mounted within a black mirror trim piece that attaches to the bottom of the mirror.  The trim level on my Denali comes with trailer towing mirrors that are all chrome, and I really didn't want to substitute the lower black trim pieces in place of the chrome.   I have seen one and it didn't look that good, on the all black mirrors they look OK (Just my preference). 

Echomaster has just recently released a new 3rd brake lamp camera that has three (3) different viewing angles within a single camera,  a right 95 degree,  a left 95 degree and a rear 90 degree.  Then all I would have to do is add the front facing camera.  In this arrangment, I would have to utilize a multi-camera module, this module is complete with wiring harness, bracket and OEM interface jumper cable.  However, the new released 3rd brake lamp camera only has one (1) video output.  I would have to hard wire 3 more input triggers to make this function correctly, the left and right turn signals and reverse triggers.  To operate on the OEM radio screen, I would have to depress the "back" button for three (3) seconds until the camera icons appeared on the screen. This would give me the rear cargo area.   To view both the blind spot camera views, I would have to cycle the left or right turn signal depending on which camera I want to view.  I would also have a front facing camera installed in the grill area, which would assist in parking manuevers.  In this setup, I still would have full operation of the OEM backup camera when in reverse.  I think this would be a good option and give me what I was looking for. 

When I talked to the tech assistance at GM this afternoon, he said that the system would be awkward to operate. I would like something that is plug-n-play, a system that I didn't have to rely on to take to dealer to program the radio, BCM or any other related modules. 

What is everyone doing about adding cameras to your truck, what sytem and options have you looked at and/or are utilizing?

Do you like your truck with the camera addition? 

What are your thoughts?      

Thanks,

• By Jonathan Floyd
      I was hoping y’all could help me on my decision. I have a 2019 custom trail boss 5.3 with AFM 6 speed. I called the local dealership here and asked how my warranty would be effected if I disable the AFM. They told me “as long as that tune didn’t cause the damage of whatever i bring the truck in for all is well.” So they recommended me to a local tuner here in town which was surprising. I called him and he said to disable my AFM it would cost around 500. I do know about the range device but I don’t want to to deal with the battery issues it can cause if you mistakenly leave it plugged in. My other option is the hand held tuners such as a diablo. I have zero experience  with them but I am going to put in a cold air intake and flow master 44 exhaust in the future. Would my best bet be the Diablo tuner to disable the AFM and use it to adjust my truck to my other mods or go with the professional tuner?
    • By Jonathan Floyd
      Has anyone ever got a custom tune to delete the AFM on their truck? I contacted my dealership about it and they gave me a local tuners number. I understand that it could possibly void my warranty if deleting the AFM causes a problem. But has anyone deleted their AFM and had issues? As well what cost should I expect to see to have a tuner delete the AFM.
    • By Brad OSullivan
      New to the forum here, and I have a 2005 chevy silverado 1500 with the 5.3L. I drive to and from michigan from chicago for college every couple of weeks. The last time I drove up to michigan 2 hours into my drive the oil pressure gauge started slowly moving down from 40psi. Every 10 minutes it seemed it moved down a notch until it got to 15psi and then I pulled over just to investigate because the truck was running perfectly normal and no warning lights or anything were on. I did a walk around, no leaks, no engine noise and the oil level was in the same place as when I left. Also when I stopped the pressure gauge dropped to 0 at idle and the truck idled normal. I continued to drive till i got to my destinations 30 minutes later. The next day when I started it back up the oil pressure is now reading normal and has read normal for the last week. I went to tech school and I know my way around an engine and i'm almost positive this isn't a mechanical issue, im thinking its the oil pressure sensor or sending unit or it could be the gauge itself because first gen silverados are famous for bad gauges but i feel if it was a bad sensor there would be warning lights? Not sure though, any of you guys experience an issue like this or have any idea of what to check or what it could be?? Much appreciated!!
    • By Kenidoesit Bigg
      This is one for the ages to me.  The truck has the correct:  FUEL PRESSURE:  60psi  SPARK:  verified visually [AND WITH STARTING FLUID] correct injector pulse [verified by test light signal from ecm, test light neg to batt positive, test lead to INJ signal] and I went a step further unbolted  the fuel rail and visually verified spray from all 8 injectors].

THE TRUCK WILL RUN --- OFF OF STARTING FLUID

There is also a shrader valve on the passenger side [Fuel pressure verified and in spec 58-62psi] I used Autel scan tool to verify and slightly boost the rail presssure, STILL NO START -- IT STARTS AND DIES IMMEDIATELY, as if the injectors are being cut off.

The throttle body was replaced 1 year + ago, but the truck has been driving since then, using the existing thrott body... until now.
      NO CODES COME UP EXCEPT THE HEATED SEAT BACK -- on a system-wide scan.

I did notice that if i unplug the INJector harness connector (only did the driver's side) that NO CODES will come up either,
      as if the ECM doesn't care if i unplugged the harness connector to the fuel INJectors, NO MALFUNCTION REPORTS it.

ANY IDEAS that experienced techs with Silverado LTZ 2013 would be great if anyone else has seen this before, THANKS.

NO PASSLOCK MESSAGES
      However I do notice that the ENGINE (symbol) STAYS SOLID WHILE CRANKING --  I dont know what this means on a 2013 Silverado, if any
      thing..if anyone knows.. please HELP! 

I will include here more info from my notes:

Tools:  Autel MaxiSys
      DVOM multimeter
      various jumper wires
      Mini oscilloscope

THREW AT IT SO FAR:  Crankshaft position sensor [Advance Auto, $40]
      Oil Pressure Sensor (hoping it's failure was a failsafe, NOT!) Autozone $75!  OUCH!  that was NOT it!
      8 A/C DELCO Spark Plugs, $7.99!  They were sludgy, but NOPE, that ain't it either! $65

IF I Quickly cycle the key, just BUMPS at a TIME, im sure injectors are shooting fuel when that is being done, so
      after about 5 or 6 BUMPS like that, the engine will run, BUT SUDDENLY DIES when that
      fuel burns .. 2 - 3 SECONDS..  Never ran into one this tough