anyone know what this area is under the hood?

In both my Silverado's. I installed a plastic battery box and keep jumper cables in the box. That way, I always have my cables available and they are right under the hood. Works out great.

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

Picture of the Box?

I put a second battery in there. I occasionally go places where it's a long way from people who can help. If you put a winch on your truck, you'll want a spare battery.

I put a second battery in there. I occasionally go places where it's a long way from people who can help. If you put a winch on your truck, you'll want a spare battery.

That's just what I did :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh now that is a good idea. We will eventually be installing a winch / will need one, when we move. My hubby installed a second battery on my former vehicle with a solenoid. Loved it, I could jump start myself with the second battery. It was way too easy to leave the dome light on my former vehicle and come out to a dead battery in the morning. Hubby noticed that secondary battery location right away, but I wasn't sold on a second battery since there won't be any issues with leaving lights on with this new vehicle. But with a winch, that changes everything.

Archived