Buying out of state Help Possibly!!

Guys I'm at training in Louisiana but I live in Texas. Wondered over to nearby GMC dealership and found my 2nd favorite color in the exact truck i want ( Iridium Metallic). Any tips on trading in a truck and what costs I might be looking at buying here and getting registered in Texas?

You pay tax and dmv fees in the state you live in, not the state you buy it from. When it comes to trading in your vehicle, just know that this is where you can game the system a little bit (atleast in my city). try to get supplier pricing (join a credit union for 50 bucks) and then as many incentives as you can. After you get their best price then say you have a trade in.

In texas The following fees apply (source: http://txdmv.gov/motorists/buying-or-selling-a-vehicle/out-of-state-and-foreign-vehicles)

• Registration fee (base fee of $50.75 for passenger vehicles and light trucks),
  • Title application fee of $28 or $33, depending on the county,
  • State portion of the vehicle inspection fee ($7-$40), if the vehicle was inspected after March 1, 2015
  • 6.25% vehicle sales tax,
  • Local and county fees ($5-$20),
  • $1 Insurance verification fee
  • $1 Automation fee

They wouldn't pay off my truck like my dealership will. Told them thank you and left.

Looking at Laura gmc prices.

I replied to your Laura topic just a bit ago, I would keep negotiating locally (or semi-locally). I got a deal that after taking into account the cost of the flight to Illinois, hotel stay and fuel, cost me about $2-300 more than Laura, but didn't take 2 days of my time, plus a ton of miles on my brand new truck.

Oh sorry. Only trading in because I need 4wd. Lol. Moving to Colorado. Not gonna lose money because I won't do the deal unless my trade is paid for.

Archived