Highway Vibration Gone w/ Lift?

Wondering if anybody has a truck that has the highway vibration that has put a lift on and gotten the vibration to go away? I am wondering if it is suspension components/aero issues that are causing this vibration, and seeing if replacing them or changing the ride height, pinion angle etc might have helped.

Note: My truck is stock except level and tires

Thanks in advance!

Wondering if anybody has a truck that has the highway vibration that has put a lift on and gotten the vibration to go away? I am wondering if it is suspension components/aero issues that are causing this vibration, and seeing if replacing them or changing the ride height, pinion angle etc might have helped.

Thanks in advance!

You still have stock rims and tires?

I have the stock rims on with 275-60-20 Toyos on.

Did the vibrations disappear after you changed the tires? Because I really think a lot of the vibration problems people are experiencing are crappy stock tires with the stiff suspension on these trucks.

Did the vibrations disappear after you changed the tires? Because I really think a lot of the vibration problems people are experiencing are crappy stock tires with the stiff suspension on these trucks.

It got a little better but not gone. There doesn't seem to be a fix for the high speed vibe in the shake or vibration thread which I have been a part of since day one. My first truck got bought back, I'm on my second one and the problem has showed up, it's intermittent. I'm not taking it into the dealer due to the fact that my last one spent 56 days at the shop and I'm not going through that again, and I know for a fact ton this one it's not tires and dont want them to take my new one apart just to deem it "within spec"

Just seeing if a lift helped the issue at all.

my truck had vibe issues at the start. after going to the dealership 3 times they didn't fix anything. installed a 1.5" level in the front, got an alignment, voila, nice and smooth.

but, you already have a level...

my truck had vibe issues at the start. after going to the dealership 3 times they didn't fix anything. installed a 1.5" level in the front, got an alignment, voila, nice and smooth.

but, you already have a level...

Thanks for the reply big_D. Yeah, mine is in the seats and console is smooth as can be.

• 3 weeks later...

It might be a little expensive of a test but you might want to try changing out the shocks and struts and see if that helps. I put the rancho quick lift loaded rs9000's in the front and back. The ride is 100 times better than the factory shocks and it brought the front end pretty close to level. My truck doesn't have the vibration problems but the stock goodyears and rancho shocks do not provide a ride befitting of a 55K dollar truck.

It might be a little expensive of a test but you might want to try changing out the shocks and struts and see if that helps. I put the rancho quick lift loaded rs9000's in the front and back. The ride is 100 times better than the factory shocks and it brought the front end pretty close to level. My truck doesn't have the vibration problems but the stock goodyears and rancho shocks do not provide a ride befitting of a 55K dollar truck.

Thanks for the info! I actually read on another forum where a guy replaced all 4 with Bilstein 5100's and his vibe was gone. Might be worth a shot, if not for just an improved ride.

Archived