Colorado / Canyon reliability - better info

I wanted more up-to-date vehicle reliability information that included actual repair rates. So in late 2005 I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now reports absolute repair rates that make the differences between cars much clearer. Results are updated four times a year, so it's possible to track vehicles closely as they age.

Partly thanks to the help of this forum, we've been providing reliability stats on the full-size trucks for some time. I'd like to do the same for the new mid-size trucks, and we're close to being able to. Just a matter of getting a few more owners involved.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the Colorado and Canyon, for free.

To join:

www.truedelta.com/join

• 10 months later...
We've updated our reliability stats for the Colorado and Canyon (combined below) to include owner experiences through the end of 2015, about eight months ahead of other sources. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year--lower is better:

2015 Colorado: 28, low

For the repairs behind these stats, reliability information on other models, and to sign up to help improve this information:

• 3 weeks later...

As someone who is currently shopping and comparing the Colorado against the Tacoma, this information could be extremely useful. Is there a way to compare across brands/models?

These are ratings thru 2015. The new Colorado & Canyon first came out in 2015. Hardly enough information on a bran new platform.

Don't forget....the 2015 tacoma is the same design and same truck for the last 10 years. The new generation tacoma came out in 2016.

Archived