oil cooler lines

Ok so I work at a repair shop and we have a 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 in for an oil leak. We found the oil cooler lines leaking haha imagine that huh? anyway the replacement ones we have gotten both from GM and aftermarket seem to be completely different from the ones we took off. Is there something we are missing at all?

I just went through this myself. What I noted was the lengths of the different sections of the lines were different. The flexible sections got shorter and the hard line leading to the radiator got longer. The set up I got worked just fine it was just the reinstallation was a bit trickier. I HIGHLY recommend getting the truck on a lift to do the job. I tried the "in the driveway" technique and it was extremely aggravating. I ended up reinstalling from the back to front as I couldn't seem to get it the other way around. The bent lines coming off the engine block end were just enough different in angles that it didn't want to fit through the engine mount area. Oh and just go ahead and pull the entire clutch fan assembly out first...you'll need the room.

Archived