Nu Finish Polish

Sealants and waxes are two totally dirrect things but i use boat generally every 3 months. BFWD is incredibly easily to apply and remove and the depth it adds is incredible. Collinite is a caranuba based wax that adds good protection and shine

Good Sealant: Black Fire Wet Diamond

Good Wax: Collinite 915

Never ever wax a vehicle in direct sunlight I don't care what the bottle says. I use Maguire's wax and it says right on the bottle "DO NOT APPY IN DIRECT SUN LIGHT". That is why you had the problem getting the wax off.

Edited by Silverado4x4

Never ever wax a vehicle in direct sunlight I don't care what the bottle says. I use Maguire's wax and it says right on the bottle "DO NOT APPY IN DIRECT SUN LIGHT". That is why you had the problem getting the wax off.

I usually don't, but they stated can be used in direct sunlight.......I did use the Topps All Cleaner Wax right where the truck sits without an issue....but then drove it into the back to finish up under some shade because I was baking......lesson learned

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2015 at 5:21 AM, Beer Belly said:

I do have a Clay Bar, and other assorted goodies.....ran a new car Prep and Detail Dept. for a Porsche / Audi Dealer for 3 years.....just looking for a quick wax on, wax off.....just not up to the task like I used to be.

First of all NU FINISH is a polish. Mothers is a wax with Carnauba. They are totally different products. I have used NU FINISH for years, and parked it next to cars at the dealer, having the fresh factory gloss. Like with any polish or wax if left on the paint to dry too long, will be difficult to remove. 1-2 minutes left on, is long enough, then remove it.

I've tried Nu Finish and just about everything else under the sun. Shelves of this stuff. I'm down to two. Nu Finish Paste or Turtle Wax Ice. By now I can get a good result with just about anything so what matters to me is how long will it last and how much does it cost.  At 66 it makes a difference. Takes me a few days to do an entire truck so I don't want to have to do it every few weeks. I need it to last the worst of the winter. I don't need it to break my bank. These two are cheap, easy to use and last. 

I'm not showing the thing. I'm protecting it. 2 cents given.

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 1