Blackbear tune on a 2014 5.3 / 3.42 to improve towing performance.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed you have a 623 number, are you in AZ? I also live in AZ and tow up 8-9k going north frequently in the summer and absolutely hate the way the temp rises on the truck and the shift points on stock.

Very interested to hear about your results on the tune.

Tap talk doesn't show me when you sent this message that said you sent it a while ago I apologize for not getting back to you sooner but I'm happy to discuss my experiences with the tune I am in Seattle this week for work, but feel free to give me a ring after 5 o'clock PST today.

You can reach me at 6236406731

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Tap talk doesn't show me when you sent this message that said you sent it a while ago I apologize for not getting back to you sooner but I'm happy to discuss my experiences with the tune I am in Seattle this week for work, but feel free to give me a ring after 5 o'clock PST today.

You can reach me at 6236406731

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hey thanks, no worries, I got it pretty much down and worked with one of my buddies that does tuning.

Just a thought, but you might consider keeping some torque management for towing that big trailer. TM protects the driveline when extremely heavy loads are being pulled. Tell your tuner what you are towing. He should be able to advise.

• 3 years later...
On 6/23/2015 at 1:58 PM, WendysOrBust said:

The BB tune will tremendously improve power under 3k rpm by removing most of the torque management. Shifts will be better and transmission will not hunt for gears. I've towed a couple of times since I got the tune, probably around 5k lbs and its been great. Great power off the line and vastly improved passing power. I have similar upgrades as you. You will like his tune.

I was just curious about your experiences towing with the BB tune? I'm looking at tuning my truck sooner rather then later. I use it to tow my ~6k lb horse trailer in the north east so we have some decent grades by nothing like our west. Do you still have the truck/tune/trailer setup (the post is from a few years ago)? What did you have then change? Any likes and dislikes I should be aware of?