OEM WeatherTech mats...why not?

Tried the Weathertech mats because they were great in my 2011 Silverado. Fit was terrible on passenger side in my 2014. Tried the Husky mats. The plastic is too hard for me. Went back to OEM rubber weather mats that didn't cover enough of the floor for my liking - Chevy provided standard and weather version OEM mats. Then I found the Aries 3D mats which are great. They are softer and hold the contour of the floor better with their spider web backing. No slip when wet and easy to clean.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My weather techs fit great in my '14. They dont slide around either. Mine came with velcro tabs that clip over the stock tabs in the carpet and hold the mats in place. Havent experienced the slippery feeling when they get wet either. The rear mat can be a pain to get in and out to clean, because I have the underseat cargo storage. Other than that they catch all the dirt, mud, water, etc. and my carpet stays perfect.

I browsed this forum before I joined and from the comments I read I went with the Husky X-act for the front and Husky weather beaters for the back cab (dbl cab). The X-act liners are really nice, soft rubber that has indentions that fit into the plastic hold downs in the floor board plus spikes to keep them from moving. Mine may be an older version because they do cover up half of the "Z71" seal plate on the drivers side but oddly doesn't cover up the plate on the passenger side. I chose the weatherbeater for the back seat because I wanted a full coverage mat and they only offer a half coverage mat in the X-acts. Works well for me. I also went with Husky because I had them in my previous truck (2002 silverado) for 12 years and they held up great.

I had a WeatherTech in my truck for a solid 2 hours. It was far from a perfect fit, was warped and didn't look good at all. Now, it was very functional. But for the price paid, they should fit perfectly within sills and everything. I'm back to the carpet mats, will probably go to OEM rubber at some point.

Let me know if you want some OEM rubber mats I have the fronts I took out of my Sierra when I got the Husky liners

I had a WeatherTech in my truck for a solid 2 hours. It was far from a perfect fit, was warped and didn't look good at all. Now, it was very functional. But for the price paid, they should fit perfectly within sills and everything. I'm back to the carpet mats, will probably go to OEM rubber at some point.

I wouldn't go with the OEM rubber mats if I were you. I have them (they came with it) and they are way too small to give adequate coverage.

The Weathertech floor liners I bought for my truck are a good fit. I have the bench seat up front, but I bought the 2 separate front mats instead of the really long one. Nobody will ever sit in the center seat up front. I like that the one for the rear extends all the way under the seat.

I agree that if GM offered these with the vehicle, I'd just buy them with the truck. Especially if it included a cool logo or something. The OE mats are too small to contain muddy boots, etc...I'm not sure why they even bothered!

I wouldn't go with the OEM rubber mats if I were you. I have them (they came with it) and they are way too small to give adequate coverage.

Ditto! I got both OEM versions with my truck and they're horrible.

I browsed this forum before I joined and from the comments I read I went with the Husky X-act for the front and Husky weather beaters for the back cab (dbl cab). The X-act liners are really nice, soft rubber that has indentions that fit into the plastic hold downs in the floor board plus spikes to keep them from moving. Mine may be an older version because they do cover up half of the "Z71" seal plate on the drivers side but oddly doesn't cover up the plate on the passenger side. I chose the weatherbeater for the back seat because I wanted a full coverage mat and they only offer a half coverage mat in the X-acts. Works well for me. I also went with Husky because I had them in my previous truck (2002 silverado) for 12 years and they held up great.

I did the same thing I got them today. I have the crew cab though. The X-act fits are excellent way batter than the WetherTechs. I shipped my Weatherteches back. The huskys fit way better and have a better warranty.

I've used nothing but the Husky mats in my last 6 or so vehicles. The way they're producing the Weatherbeaters now, compare to just a few years ago, is a definite step up. The edges have curled over lips that keep them nice and straight, and they wear excellent. I have the bench seat and bought the three mats (center mat included) for the front to protect everything along with the rear mat. Best $200 insurance against mud, snow, dirt, sand, spilled beverages, and whatever else. Plus, they clean up very well with just a little soap and water.

My experience with Weathertech has not been good. I find that their mat material tends to be slippery and "squeaky" when wet, and it drives me nuts. Plus, MacNeil automotive (the actual company name that produces them) has poor customer service. I've had to reach out to them over the years for a couple of issues, and they've almost always given me a hard time - especially when their incredibly poorly designed rain deflectors damanged the bottom sill chrome on one of my cars because the plastic is so sharp at the bottom edge.

Ditto! I got both OEM versions with my truck and they're horrible.

Same here. I am about to purchase husky weather beaters. I just wish in the front/back package that the back ones were the full length ones and not the half.

Same here. I am about to purchase husky weather beaters. I just wish in the front/back package that the back ones were the full length ones and not the half.

So just buy the front mats and the rear mat as separate items. It's a $30 difference by list price, and that's related in part to the fact that the larger rear liner has more material in it.

I've purchased the mats for my last three or four vehicles off of eBay from vendors that offer a "Make Offer" option. I would submit a price for the front set and state that commitment is based on them accepting my other offer for the rear mat. Then do the same for the rear mat, referencing the front set. Of course, you need to find a vendor that is selling both. :)

I would suggest an initial first offer of somewhere between 20% and 25% off of list. I've had really good luck with this process.

Archived