Drive train squeak has everyone stumped

2006 Silverado 2500 We have replaced the center bearing 3 times and all other bearings have been replaced trying to find this squeak along with a right front wheel bearing. Needless to say the squeak still remains.It is not constant and takes 15 min of drive time to get it and requires a load on.. let off and coast and it stops. i have asked so many people and we can not figure it out. i put a camera underneath yesterday to capture this noise i focused on the center bearing hoping i could see something. condensed the video but unfortunately it is to large to upload here drop an email and i will send you the video... any ideas would help tremendously. TIA

What do you mean by a squeak? Is it squeak squeak squeak that gets faster as you drive? If that's the case then the "U" joints in the drive shaft are shot. Did you try bouncing the truck up and down in your driveway? If that does it then the rubber bushings on the rear leaf spring shackle's need lubed with spray oil.

U joints can have a loaded drivetrain squeak and nothing coasting , remove rear shaft and check both ,

CHOCK THE WHEELS in neutral to let load off shaft

Remove the front shaft and check it as well

No definitely not a u joint. Did check all and replaced all universals. I am thinking that the race is causing it just trying to see if anyone has had this issue. Trying to shorten the video and I will post it for you to hear the noise

What do you mean by a squeak? Is it squeak squeak squeak that gets faster as you drive? If that's the case then the "U" joints in the drive shaft are shot. Did you try bouncing the truck up and down in your driveway? If that does it then the rubber bushings on the rear leaf spring shackle's need lubed with spray oil.

https://db.tt/MLBFvgIG

https://db.tt/MLBFvgIGhopefully this link to the video works so you understand the sound.thanks

https://db.tt/MLBFvgIG

I'm not creating an acct to watch a video

Try again

It's just dropbox pimping itself. You click on the small 'x' in the upper right corner, then you can watch the video without an account.

It doesn't sound like u-joints are the problem. Are the brake pads used up [ie, the wear tabs are touching the disc brake sometimes]?

It's just dropbox pimping itself. You click on the small 'x' in the upper right corner, then you can watch the video without an account.

It doesn't sound like u-joints are the problem. Are the brake pads used up [ie, the wear tabs are touching the disc brake sometimes]?

Brake pad wear indicators squeal when driving and go away when braking

Almost sounds like exhaust system related, something inside the muffler, converter or resonator broke and makes that whistle noise when under load due to more pressure in the exhaust system. I would start the truck at idle and take a rag and restrict the tailpipe to build pressure in the exhaust and see if it makes the noise.

Archived