Chevy confirms 2016 Suburban HD with new engine for fleets

Gorehamj

MAN I HOPE NOT. I WISH THEY WOULD DO AWAY WITH THAT MOTOR, IT'S JUNK.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

How so???

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The early 6.0 was barely a reason to be. Barely more HP and Torque than lower engines and a gas hog. I can see why it was hated, no matter how reliable it was. Newer versions are well worth their $$$ now. I'm sure this even newest version will be even better.

I have had just bad luck w every 6.0

I wish they would put the 6.2 in all the gas HD. I have one now and it is much better.

Does this model still have the receiver integrated into the bumper...to then be required to be part of the crumple zone...then with the stress raisers for that crumple zone duty...limit the tongue weight to 1,000 lbs?

That's the first thing I was wondering about too.

I have an '06 LTZ Suburban with the 6.0 and love it but would like more grunt when towing.

The email I got alerting me to this topic said "Suburban 3500HD confirmed." I was expecting to read about a 1 ton Suburban!

I have had just bad luck w every 6.0

I wish they would put the 6.2 in all the gas HD. I have one now and it is much better.

No way. I love mine too but I don't think it is capable of the duty in a HD truck.

The MTWR (max tow weight rating) belays the 1,000 lb WD rated receiver on the GMT900 Suburban and into this current plateform

Still a major upgrade for a hauler...just not much of a towing vehicle (TV)...GM is missing the bragging rights for "King of the Hill" marketing for the towing market...that bleeds into everyday soccer vehicle...

That leaves the door wide open for another OEM to take that market bragging rights...most likely Nissan or Toyota...

They're likely making it with an 11,000 pound GVWR because a lot of them will be uparmored by the aftermarket and/or have all sorts of other heavy "accessories" added to them.

If the only thing keeping it from being a good tow vehicle is the hitch - at least that is a fixable problem.

One of my biggest questions would be : will the nose from a Silverado bolt on? I don't really like the styling of the new generations Suburbans - and the nose is the worst part.

One of my biggest questions would be : will the nose from a Silverado bolt on? I don't really like the styling of the new generations Suburbans - and the nose is the worst part.

I agree. Mostly due to the design of the headlights.

JimZRYd, I wondered that too. didn't report the towing info in the story because I could not see in the new product info in the order book what the optional HD trailer rating will be. In the Specs I can see now it says Max trailer rating 6,000 pounds for the CK35906 model with a 4.10 axle ratio. That sounds like the standard truck without the added trailer items normally offered as a package. GVWR is 11,000 pounds. Having just done research on the Yukon and Yukon Denali and also the Expedition, I would guess 8,200 pounds when the truck gets all the trailer goodies. I think the real question is will it be higher than that? Wish I could add more. The order books are really just fact dumps. Once the truck gets updated on the public info page we will know for sure. Cheers,

Hmmm 6000lbs. towing. I wonder how the frame is set up on these. From the rear suspension description, its the same as a regular 1500 Suburban,

Suspension, rear multi-link with coil springs

This leads me to wonder. Does it run a 10.5" rear axle out of the 2500hd with a coil multi link? Is it a 9.5" or 9.75" out of a max tow with 4.10 gears and 8 lug axle shafts?

Archived