Chevy confirms 2016 Suburban HD with new engine for fleets

Gorehamj

I can't find any lug-nut info. Just 17" wheel. The trans is a 6-sped auto, but the dialog box says only "Code MYD, No Information Available" Sorry.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm 6000lbs. towing. I wonder how the frame is set up on these. From the rear suspension description, its the same as a regular 1500 Suburban,

This leads me to wonder. Does it run a 10.5" rear axle out of the 2500hd with a coil multi link? Is it a 9.5" or 9.75" out of a max tow with 4.10 gears and 8 lug axle shafts?

It will will 8 lug axle shafts of the past is any indication. And also in the past it ran a 9.5 SF from the Silverado SS, VMax, 1500HD, and Light 25. The latter 2 having 8 lug along with the HD burb

Does it have 8 lug wheels?

Does it have the 10.5" or 11.5" ring gear?

What are the GAWR's?

11K GVWR should have 8 lug wheels and the 7K (or more) RGAWR

What tranny?

6L90 for transmission. Wheels are off of the 2500hd, the 17" aluminum wheel (PYQ) with HD bolt pattern (8x180mm).

If the towing capacity is going to be that far off the Sierra/Silverado 2500 HD's, then I'll pass on it. My whole reason for wanting to upgrade from my Yukon is to be able to tow more. I have the 6.2L in it and it's got quite the grunt to it but towing still is sub 9K. At least if the new Burb has 8 lug wheels, it might add some bling that can carry over to the HD trucks! :)

What is the difference between 6.0,liter,and 6.2 liter.Is 6.0 liter a more heavy duty motor?

They use the 6.0 in the HD trucks. The 6.0 has an iron block vs the aluminum block used in the 6.2.

What is the difference between 6.0,liter,and 6.2 liter.Is 6.0 liter a more heavy duty motor?

Iron block. No DI, cheap maintinance. 6.2 is more performance oriented, 6.0 is more heavy duty oriented.

If the towing capacity is going to be that far off the Sierra/Silverado 2500 HD's, then I'll pass on it. My whole reason for wanting to upgrade from my Yukon is to be able to tow more. I have the 6.2L in it and it's got quite the grunt to it but towing still is sub 9K. At least if the new Burb has 8 lug wheels, it might add some bling that can carry over to the HD trucks! :)

It uses HD 17" aluminum wheels. Bling won't carry over but it can be carried over to a Suburban HD from an HD.

Maybe. I'd think 17" wheels would be the base model. Burb's come now with 20's even 22's. The HD trucks now can have 20's. Make sense that GM would have a higher level Burb in HD form and it could be fitted with larger wheels. If they are 8 lug, even better. I've got nothing to base this on, just current models to go on.

Maybe. I'd think 17" wheels would be the base model. Burb's come now with 20's even 22's. The HD trucks now can have 20's. Make sense that GM would have a higher level Burb in HD form and it could be fitted with larger wheels. If they are 8 lug, even better. I've got nothing to base this on, just current models to go on.

You could upfot it with the factory 20" HD wheels im sure. May have to be something you do on your own though

You could upfot it with the factory 20" HD wheels im sure. May have to be something you do on your own though

Not really an issue Chris. I'm pretty much sold on a Sierra HD. Would be nice though to have a couple of options in wheels with regard to the HD platform, without have to go aftermarket.

Not really an issue Chris. I'm pretty much sold on a Sierra HD. Would be nice though to have a couple of options in wheels with regard to the HD platform, without have to go aftermarket.

Maybe in a year when they are no longer fleet only things will change

It's a fleet only truck when new. I'm sure fleets buying an HD Suburban aren't interested in 20"s.

These aren't going to be available to the public, from the OP's announcement, so buying/dreaming of ownership is a moot point.

And regarding the towing specs, this truck isn't gonna be sold as a TV, with a mid-pack 6K lbs towing capacity. Hell, my wife's BMW X5 diesel pulls that and gets 20mpg doing it, 26mpg empty.

GM really dropped the ball on this one!

Archived