Disable after market remote start 01 silverado?

Hey yall, i got a screaming deal on a hyper tech max energy programer. It calls for all aftermarket electronic accessories to be disabled for the tuning.

Which fuse is the fuse for an after market remote start as well as Onstar?

I also need to pull the ones for my amp and sub woofer?

Hey yall, i got a screaming deal on a hyper tech max energy programer. It calls for all aftermarket electronic accessories to be disabled for the tuning.

You'd have to trace the wiring for the remote start

See below link for OnStar disabling...It's for a 2002, but should also cover 01

http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/18vrs-deactivate-onstar-system-2002.html

There should be an in-line fuse close to the battery, if the amp was wired up correctly (if not, the amp may have a fuse on it). The only wiring going to the subs would be the wires from the output of the amp to the subs...pulling the fuse for the amp would cut off the subs.

You'd have to trace the wiring for the remote start

See below link for OnStar disabling...It's for a 2002, but should also cover 01

http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/18vrs-deactivate-onstar-system-2002.html

There should be an in-line fuse close to the battery, if the amp was wired up correctly (if not, the amp may have a fuse on it). The only wiring going to the subs would be the wires from the output of the amp to the subs...pulling the fuse for the amp would cut off the subs.

awesome thanks for the answers! from where would I trace the wire and to what ? I bought the truck with the aftermarket remote start installed, that's why I'm so foggy on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There may be a fuse for the aftermarket remote start around steering column. But I dont see why you would need to disable it or you amplifier.. As an 12volt installer at a performance shop we've never disabled aftermarket accessories that weren't part of the ECU management systems.. Example Ignition systems, solenoids etc... The programmer wouldnt have any cross over with audio amplifiers and next to none with a remote start. But as said above fuse at battery for amp and fuse around steering column for remote start.

The reason they want any aftermarket accessories disabled is they have no idea where they are connected. Every installer will jump into the what ever wires that are convenient to him and and makes the job easier and faster. Now by some factor of Murphy's Law which is more often than not that a connection is in a data line system or maybe a common ground that could cause a feed back then there could be a lot of system wiped out. Now if that was to happen where do you start at to fix the problem.

I hope this makes some sense. When you read a lot of the problems posted on these forums they are self inflicted. I know when I work on an electrical problem the first thing that I do is check to see what kind of after market accessories if any is installed. You would be surprised or maybe not the problems that occur on count of a bad installation. For example some of the installers will use Scotch Locks to speed up the installation. Which more likely than not will cause problems down the road.

Archived