Radio Volume Issues

Drove my truck all day listening to the radio. Stopped at a store before coming into work and noticed that when the radio came on the volume went straight down on its on. It was about 25% up when I got out of the truck. Turned the knob and the volume line comes up and automatically goes back down. Turned the radio off and back on and no change. Turned the truck off and back on and no change. IF I turn the volume knob really quick the sound goes up but again goes right back down on its on to no sound at all??? Truck is a 2015 All Terrain SLT with Bose and I have had it for 4 months now with no issues.

In my Tahoe there is an "Auto Volume" setting that adjusts the volume based on vehicle noise or speed (could account for the volume going down when you stopped). There are five settings from low to high, if your vehicle is equipped with Auto Volume your setting may be on low. Check it out.

In my Tahoe there is an "Auto Volume" setting that adjusts the volume based on vehicle noise or speed (could account for the volume going down when you stopped). There are five settings from low to high, if your vehicle is equipped with Auto Volume your setting may be on low. Check it out.

Couple of things I will definitely check out! Im at work till midnight right now. It was weird though like the volume had an anchor tied to it. I could turn the knob and it would go up slightly but then turn right back down to no sound at all. The speed of the vehicle had no effect on any of the sound. I messed around with during the 5 minute ride from the store where it begin till I arrived at work. Cut the truck off and let it sit for a minute, started it back up and volume still would not stay turned up. It had been fine all day, I went into the store and when I came out and got back in my truck is when it started.

Edited by BowHunter1

Auto volume only works while the truck is moving and it doesn't change the volume indicator percentage, it works in the back ground.

This is crazy. Today I listened all day. Stopped for 30 min. Got back in and my radio was as high as it would go. I turned the knob down quickly and it went down but then right back up. I tried the steering control and it did the same thing. Used my phone to lower the volume as I was on BT.. Stopped and turned off the truck then back on and it worked. Very weird

• 7 months later...

This is crazy. Today I listened all day. Stopped for 30 min. Got back in and my radio was as high as it would go. I turned the knob down quickly and it went down but then right back up. I tried the steering control and it did the same thing. Used my phone to lower the volume as I was on BT.. Stopped and turned off the truck then back on and it worked. Very weird

This happened to me once...exactly the same...

• 4 months later...

I'm having this same issue (3 times) with my 2014 Sierra and have had it addressed trice at the dealership. They claimed both times that the issue was corrected by re-flashing the IntelliLink system. I actually had it recur about a week after the second fix. I have a video showing the issue which I will try to post. I have attempted to read through as many posts as I could find and have not found that anyone has found a solution. If there is one, would you please let me know?

Ultimately, I am attempting to have someone with GM customer service reply to this. I have contacted them and the reply I received was generic and doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Good morning MrGolfDad,

We are sorry to see that you are experiencing this volume concern, and understand how multiple trips to the dealership can be frustrating. We recognize that you have been working with a GM Customer Service advisor and would be more than happy to look into your existing case for you. Please private message us with your case number or VIN so we can assist you. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Julianne M.

GM Customer Care

I'm having this same issue (3 times) with my 2014 Sierra and have had it addressed trice at the dealership. They claimed both times that the issue was corrected by re-flashing the IntelliLink system. I actually had it recur about a week after the second fix. I have a video showing the issue which I will try to post. I have attempted to read through as many posts as I could find and have not found that anyone has found a solution. If there is one, would you please let me know?

Ultimately, I am attempting to have someone with GM customer service reply to this. I have contacted them and the reply I received was generic and doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

• 6 months later...

I have a 2015 gmc sierra 2500 denali I have had issues with the volume going up by itself when it happens the volume indicator shows up on the dash instrument cluster like when you use the steering wheel controls. I have had it into the dealership twice for this issue they did a software up and the issue is still there also checked the volume control buttons on the steering wheel.I also turned the auto volume control feature off to eliminate that as a possible cause. Has anyone else had this issue. I am also having issues trying to locate a wiring diagram or electrical schematic. Any possible ideas would be appreciated thanks.

• 5 months later...

Having same issues with my 2016 GMC SIERRA if I use the knob on the radio and then hold the volume up on the steering wheel control it will stay at the volume until I let it go not sure why this happens but has happened several times and went away

• 5 months later...

Well i fired up the truck this morning and my radio was as high as it would go. I turned the knob down quickly and it went down but then right back up........

WTF i could only mute it. Is there a fix for this? truck going in soon for first service.

• Like 1