In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

seamus2154

Softer shocks/ springs… for smoother nicer ride???

I went from a '16 Sierra Z71 to a '16 Sierra 2wd with that mysterious Z60 suspension.

I'd love to know what comprises the Z60 but will tell everyone - the ride is hugely improved!

Go with the Pro Comp shocks, cheaper than the 5100's and ride great!

.....Or try these. Incredible ride and handling. Do some research and read the other forums on these coilovers! Also, call Alex, the owner and talk to him. You won't be disappointed.

http://halolifts-com.3dcartstores.com/

Edited by AT/GMC

^ Thank you. We welcome any phone calls from you guys, 303 518-2114. You really should check out our Boss Coilovers!

I just took off my 4600's off after 29k. At the Time I thought the 4600's where a improvement from the leaky Oem shocks/struts. however now I Really like the ride Of the rancho adjustables. Helps out greatly. Have em on softest setting to help stop vibrations and handle the concrete highways. Its a floaty ride now compared to 4600's.

On 8/20/2017 at 4:48 PM, Boardmember said:

I went from a '16 Sierra Z71 to a '16 Sierra 2wd with that mysterious Z60 suspension.

I'd love to know what comprises the Z60 but will tell everyone - the ride is hugely improved!

How donyou you know if you have the Z60 suspension?

On 8/28/2017 at 10:15 PM, Gofas said:

I just took off my 4600's off after 29k. At the Time I thought the 4600's where a improvement from the leaky Oem shocks/struts. however now I Really like the ride Of the rancho adjustables. Helps out greatly. Have em on softest setting to help stop vibrations and handle the concrete highways. Its a floaty ride now compared to 4600's.

What’s the part # on your rancheros?

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 6:34 PM, seamus2154 said:

To tell you the truth Eddie, I also hated the 6 speed trans which drove me nuts. That and overall just wasn't thrilled with my truck. Problem was I just can't be a Dodge or Ford guy so I went to my dealer looking for a 6.2 8 speed. None to be found in a pick up. They gave me great money on my truck and I drove off with a Denali yukon XL 6.2 8 speed. Has mag ride but also a pretty tight ride. Better and handles well at speed. Tows great. So the answer is, I gave up and signed up for other issues with my Denali!!!! LOL

I was looking for the post where is was asked if anyone changed SPRINGS and found this sooner. That's one way to do it.

Yes is the answer. I have 600# up front on King shocks and Deaver leaves (-15% 2" drop) on King shocks out back. $4500 dollar project all said and done but WAY cheaper than trading for a Denali. Ouch!! I too have back issues but not those types of resources. 

Ride is wonderful. Almost as nice as the Buick.  All I gave up was...well...nothing. Nothing I couldn't get back with and air bag and a equalizer hitch. 99.99% of the time neither of those things is an issue for me and my trucks service. For the 0.01% I rent. 

I recently test drove a 2018 Sierra crew cab, 4x2, 5.3 -8 speed, SLT w/ tow package. They gave me the truck for 3 hours. Night and day difference from my 2015 Sierra same setup.

Whatever springs and shocks that are in that truck it rides beautifully. Compliant and comfortable. I hit speed bumps and rough roads and it was very nice. Can't be very expensive for springs and shocks. If I still had my old truck this is what I would do. FYI

• Like 1

I’m in the same boat. A neck injury left me to endure chronic pain and now I need to replace my  Cadillac Escalade truck with another smooth running truck.  EVERY little bump could trigger my symptoms.  I don’t need the truck for hauling heavy loads or doing much towing I just need it periodically since we have a farm.   Do any of you on this site know what trucks are out there currently that offer the smoothest ride? I do need 4x4 capabilities 

2 hours ago, Bobblehead said:

I’m in the same boat. A neck injury left me to endure chronic pain and now I need to replace my  Cadillac Escalade truck with another smooth running truck.  EVERY little bump could trigger my symptoms.  I don’t need the truck for hauling heavy loads or doing much towing I just need it periodically since we have a farm.   Do any of you on this site know what trucks are out there currently that offer the smoothest ride? I do need 4x4 capabilities 

Your best bet is to stay away from larger rim and tire combos, try and stick with 18" options. That degrades the ride quality imo more than anything these days as most upper end models come with 20 and above options.

4 hours ago, Bobblehead said:

I believe the ram with the air suspension is the smoothest.

or maybe the raptor

If suv’s are an option, i highly recommend the nissan armada.

A lot of people may think the nissan armada is a huge pile a shit, well thats because it was. It was built on the titan platform. Well starting in 2017 they started building it on the nissan patrol platform, which is pretty much on par with the toyota landcruiser in toughness in other countries.

A brand new nissan armada platinum reserve has a $60k msrp and can be bought for $49k at certain dealerships. Other than the exterior, It is virtually identical to the $80k infinity qx80. They are so cheap because everything thinks they are a pile of junk like they have been for over a decade.

Edited by truckguy82

Thank you for your feedback 

i have been considering the Ram 1500 with air suspension as well as the Titan 1500 with air.