Who's got the Blues?

I wasn't in love with all the chrome, so I plasti-dipped most of it. I think I still want to do something with the bumpers, anyone able to find a decent color match vinyl to wrap them with?

jJPngTh.jpg

I think you saw my previous post with the vinyl squares? If not, its back a couple pages.

Was never able to find a direct match, a couple I found were exact looking head on but when you moved the side it was way off. The depth of this color is extremely unique that it doesn't seem like a vinyl could duplicate it. From my understanding its the same with powdercoating, they don't use automotive paint codes so you're back to square 1 with looking for something you can "deal with" unless you just take it to a paint shop and get them to spray X pieces.

I think you saw my previous post with the vinyl squares? If not, its back a couple pages.

Was never able to find a direct match, a couple I found were exact looking head on but when you moved the side it was way off. The depth of this color is extremely unique that it doesn't seem like a vinyl could duplicate it. From my understanding its the same with powdercoating, they don't use automotive paint codes so you're back to square 1 with looking for something you can "deal with" unless you just take it to a paint shop and get them to spray X pieces.

Yeah i saw it. I ordered a bunch of vinyl samples myself to compare. Im starting to think if i want it to be a good match i may have to paint and add a clear film over it for damage resistance. Was hoping it would be easier/cheaper than that though.

Sharp truck, love the wheels too !

That Avalanche is nice too.....wish they still made those.

Yea, hope he doesn't put those painted black "rattle can" looking wheels on it and start wrapping it in vinyl... that messes up a nice looking truck :nonod: .​

Yep

They are not my thing either....But to each his own :)

The only black wheels I've seen that I like "somewhat" are the ZL1 Camaro wheels, those are pretty sharp....Not sure I'd buy them, but they are better than most.

01-2017-Chevrolet-Camaro-ZL1.jpg

Edited by Cowboyman