Weight limit I can carry safely in my bed?

I have looked on here but can't find any other threads and my drivers manual isn't with me.

I have a 2015 Chevy Silverado 5.3L , 4wd , LTZ besides the normal stuff from lowes ( wood , mulch and etc ) I have yet to haul anything really heavy. I do pull my boat however that's tongue weight!

I'm looking at helping a buddy pick up quite a few bags of cement and etc. Each bag of cement is 50lbs a piece.

I was just wondering what the safe limit of weight is for my truck?

Thanks post-130852-143645917116_thumb.jpg

post-130852-143645917116_thumb.jpg

Engine Max Towing Capacity Max Payload Max Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR)

4.3L EcoTec V6 5,600 lbs 1,800 lbs 6,900 lbs

5.3L EcoTec V8 11,200 lbs 1,800 lbs 7,200 lbs

6.2L EcoTec V8 12,000 lbs 1,780 lbs 7,200 lbs

SOrry for the crappy format.

Edited by Rawyzf

I did 30 bags of soil @60lbs each, and then 6 bags of mulch @25lbs each. You could tell it was at its limit both in weight and space! Only had to drive 2 miles with it though, so wasn't a big deal. I don't think I'd go over 1500 if I had to drive any distance with it.

Edited by Rawyzf

Keep in mind not only do you need to stay under the gross rating for truck but under rating for each axle (and technically each tire). Putting a lot of weight in the bed, especially near/behind rear axle might push you over its limit. If you think you are going to be pushing limits, get unloaded weights for each axle at a CAT Scale or similar and then you will know room you have to load up each axle.

Edited by blifsey

Here is a stupid ? How do you know if you are putting to much weight in your bed ?

For cement bags it's easy. Just do the math.

When you pick up gravel or sand the pits usually have a scale or the loader operator can tell you (depending on his equipment.

Or use the internet for research. As a sample 1 cubic meter of cement mix weights about 5000lbs.

http://www.aqua-calc.com/calculate/volume-to-weight

so long

j-ten-ner

wait..now ya'll got me confused, payload max is 1,800lbs on the 4.3/5.3 standard 6'6 bed right? what if i got bubba who weighs 300lbs in the passenger seat in the cab and uncle charlie who weighs 300lbs behind him, and mr.yee-haa (me) who weighs in at 170lbs driving, that's 770lbs in the cab...does that reduce your payload capacity? so with all 3, can i still haul 1,800lbs in the bed?

wait..now ya'll got me confused, payload max is 1,800lbs on the 4.3/5.3 standard 6'6 bed right? what if i got bubba who weighs 300lbs in the passenger seat in the cab and uncle charlie who weighs 300lbs behind him, and mr.yee-haa (me) who weighs in at 170lbs driving, that's 770lbs in the cab...does that reduce your payload capacity? so with all 3, can i still haul 1,800lbs in the bed?

exactly arkenzo, i got 5.3 with 6'6 bed, and my family and I are part of the large and in charge crew. :-)