New truck today!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assumed that about the 7z1 also but thats whats on the window sticker..... Any idea on how many bolts the housing 3.08 has vs the 3.42? Other ways to tell by looking? I dont always trust stickers or build sheets..... and no mine dosent have the conv package i wish it did. No memory, no silder window, no garage door opener (that i can see)

Easiest way to tell is RPO Codes in glove box (silver sticker). RPO GU4 = 3.08...RPO GU6 = 3.42

GT4 Rear axle, 3.73 ratio GU4 Rear axle, 3.08 ratio GU5 Rear axle, 3.23 ratio GU6 Rear axle, 3.42 ratio

The 3.08 Dosent seem to affect driving too much i dont feel, you do need to give it a bit more pedal untill second gear then it seems fine. so far 300 miles and my average keeps climbing at 20.2 on the drive to work this morn.

I think the gears change if you have the towing package or equivalent to that. That's where my build sheet states the posi rear end and 3.42's. Nice truck though!

I wish I had a Z71, I really like the gauges in them.

Don't confuse Z82 'trailering equipment', with NHT 'Max tow'.

Only the max tow trucks get the higher ratio rear ends.

5.3 gets 3.73

6.2 w/8 speed gets 3.42 (the 2014 6.2 w/6 speed got same as the 5.3 6 speed)

Z82 Trailering equipment, includes trailer hitch, 7-pin and 4-pin connectors
NHT Max Trailering Package, includes 9.76" rear axle, (GT4) 3.73 rear axle ratio, with (MYC) 6-speed automatic transmission, (JL1) trailer brake controller, enhanced cooling radiator, revised shock tuning for increased control, heavier duty rear springs and increased RGAWR

Max tow is not available with the Z71 package. Max tow not available on base Sierra, nor silverado work truck or LS.

Max tow is not available on High Country or Denali.

Great looking truck! Looks identical to what I'm getting!

I don't know, that sounds like what I have in 1lt, besides the rear slider, which I wish I had. I thought the 2lt might include the convienence package with memory seats, garage door opener, and stuff like that. But who knows.

Sent from Tapatalk App - Samsung S6

Per my build sheet, larger infotainment screen, nicer wheels, power seat, rear sliding window, climate control, remote start, ac power outlet, and backup camera.

Not sure if it's the same for all, but that's what I got.

LT1 = non Z71

LT2 = Z71

-You can get 3.08 or 3.42 gears with LT2.

-Rear sliding glass comes with the LT Plus package that also includes Home Remote, Rear Park Assist (beeping), Adjustable Pedals and Rear Window Defogger.

-8" screen, Climate Control, Remote Start, AC Power, Backup camera & more is all under All-Star Package

-Trailering package is standard with LT2

...I just went through ordering one a couple weeks ago and it took me weeks to figure this out :banghead:

Great looking truck! Looks identical to what I'm getting!

LT1 = non Z71

LT2 = Z71

-You can get 3.08 or 3.42 gears with LT2.

-Rear sliding glass comes with the LT Plus package that also includes Home Remote, Rear Park Assist (beeping), Adjustable Pedals and Rear Window Defogger.

-8" screen, Climate Control, Remote Start, AC Power, Backup camera & more is all under All-Star Package

-Trailering package is standard with LT2

...I just went through ordering one a couple weeks ago and it took me weeks to figure this out :banghead:

Good stuff right there.

I just start to over think the 3.08 and that i screwed myself and should have waited. Untill i drive it then im fine lol.

If you aren't towing larger camper trailers, I wouldn't even think twice about it.

Archived