Lock those wheels!

I recently (about a month ago) bought a 2015 Silverado Crew and have always parked in the driveway,

well yesterday morning on the walk to the truck, I was shocked as it was setting on blocks and all 4 wheels

and tires were gone. It had the Texas Edition 20" polished wheels on them and the police officer said those

are like gold to thieves. Lesson learned, put locks on the wheels. We all know if a thief wants, he will get, but

would like to at least make it hard on them. Luckily there was no vehicle damage, these guys were good.

If there is a plus, I was able to go get some all terrain tires and some black/satin wheels.

I recently (about a month ago) bought a 2015 Silverado Crew and have always parked in the driveway,

well yesterday morning on the walk to the truck, I was shocked as it was setting on blocks and all 4 wheels

and tires were gone. It had the Texas Edition 20" polished wheels on them and the police officer said those

are like gold to thieves. Lesson learned, put locks on the wheels. We all know if a thief wants, he will get, but

would like to at least make it hard on them. Luckily there was no vehicle damage, these guys were good.

If there is a plus, I was able to go get some all terrain tires and some black/satin wheels.

The dealer installed locks on my truck because wheels from their stock were getting ripped off nearly every night. Their new vehicle stock is in an area much too easily accessible for good security. I have been thinking that they're just a PITA, but maybe I should reconsider, huh?

If I could talk to the local thieves, I'd make them a deal though. Steal the crappy Goodyear SR-A tires and leave the wheels. Everyone wins.

The dealer installed locks on my truck because wheels from their stock were getting ripped off nearly every night. Their new vehicle stock is in an area much too easily accessible for good security. I have been thinking that they're just a PITA, but maybe I should reconsider, huh?

If I could talk to the local thieves, I'd make them a deal though. Steal the crappy Goodyear SR-A tires and leave the wheels. Everyone wins.

You would havr to pay them to take just the SR-A's. Nobody wants those

The chrome Silverado 20" wheels are much nicer than my SLE 20" wheels. It doesn't help that they will fit hundreds of SUV's and trucks either.

At least you upgraded though, too bad those wheel locks are not thief proof since they can get a key just about anywhere. Best bet is to park inside if possible.

wow! where in mckinney? im in mckinney also. just got my truck last night. no wheel locks. going to buy some tonight so they can take the whole truck.

First thing I purchased was wheel locks. I don't think that I had the truck more than 72 hours before we had purchased and installed wheel locks.

Had a bad experience up on our property. The scumbag druggie renters next door stole the wheels w/ tires off of my hubby's old Chevy C-20. We threatened to call the sheriff and told them that we knew that they were the ones that did it. Mysteriously the wheels/ tires reappeared within 24-48 hours. Now, everything we own that has wheels has wheel locks from our old trucks, to our RV, to my new truck.

The Bryan/College Station area gets hit pretty often. The area between here Houston has been getting hit much more frequently in the last few months. When you can put them on craigslist and make a quick $1500 for a set of wheel and you get 5 or 6 sets a night it attracts a lot of people. As an officer working the street it is very hard to combat because most people don't know it has happened until they wake up in the morning. We were also told recently that the "crews" in our area have a couple of ways around the wheel locks but I still recommend them to everybody.

Sorry to hear that. My father always bought wheel locks even on his Camry commuter. When I showed him pictures of my Silverado with the same 20" rims you're describing it was one of the first thing he asked if it had. I hit up ebay and found the GM set for less than $25 including shipping. The part number is 12498076; they fit as expected (center cap fit flush over it) and mine haven't been stolen yet. :)

It's sad we have to live in a world with extra security measures and can't even feel safe in our own home. And the thieves seem to get more ballsy. Since this happened, I've thought about getting a camera to put up and monitor, that won't stop them, but hopefully get the footage out and slow them down a little.

Has anyone installed an alarm on their truck? I've thought about that, but the idea of carrying 2 fobs around doesn't sound appealing. I hate fobs, lol.

It's very easy to defeat those locks. Most will come out with an EZ OUT, some need more work, but a lock probably adds only 5-10 seconds for each wheel.

wow! where in mckinney? im in mckinney also. just got my truck last night. no wheel locks. going to buy some tonight so they can take the whole truck.

If I am at Hutchins eating BBQ and I come out and my wheels are gone I am going to be pissed!

I would love to know the town/city this took place in.

If I am at Hutchins eating BBQ and I come out and my wheels are gone I am going to be pissed!

I would love to know the town/city this took place in.

It happened in McKinney (to me).

Archived