Chevy overviews 2016 Silverado updates- Photo

Gorehamj

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks more feminine with a lot of fussy details and different textures. Would like to see a real man's version of the redesign, not this colorful one.

Hood looks nice though. But with they didn't have to carryover the inner and keep that fussy front hood cutline.

At a time when they have the ford with it's aluminum beer can body on the ropes, why must they go and screw up the looks of the Silverado!?

The lights look evil and sinister...not to my taste. The spot below the lights has that little strip that looks like an after-thought from a designer that didn't know what else to do with the empty spot. Oh, and the little vertical lights in the bumper...what's up with that? Looks out of place with the lines of everything else on the front end. Can't they figure out how to mount LEDs in a nice round configuration to make a pleasant looking front end?

They copied them off of the Ram .... Not a big fan of that style

Nah, the Ram fog lamps look WAAAY better than that. At least they are rectangles.

At a time when they have the ford with it's aluminum beer can body on the ropes, why must they go and screw up the looks of the Silverado!?

The lights look evil and sinister...not to my taste. The spot below the lights has that little strip that looks like an after-thought from a designer that didn't know what else to do with the empty spot. Oh, and the little vertical lights in the bumper...what's up with that? Looks out of place with the lines of everything else on the front end. Can't they figure out how to mount LEDs in a nice round configuration to make a pleasant looking front end?

Am sure the orders for production changes regarding the 2016 model were in long before the recent closing in on sales numbers. What is funny is on the forums, GM caught hell for not changing the GMT900 exterior or interior for the most part over the course of its duration. Now they change something & they catch hell again. Am seeing a lot of comments stating this change is what they should have brought for 2014. But like other model changes, people for the most part come around after seeing something in person. The Camaro is a great example. A devoted audience that still debate the 2014 refresh, though sales were higher afterward.

They copied them off of the Ram .... Not a big fan of that style

Round, horizontal or vertical. There is not much you can do with fog lights that has never been done before in some iteration.

Dump the corny led light stuff, it's not an Audi and that idea has been around long enough now with the other euro cars that it's getting old, they're annoying too. I don't get it, seems Chevy and Ford are joined at the hip in the styling dept. and just can't break away from each other as their trucks seem to look more and more alike, big and boxy looking with very similar details. I always thought in the past that Chevy made the best looking truck by far, but now days it's getting tough to tell one from another without taking a second look. I'm not a Dodge fan, but at least they've tried over the past number of years to actually make their trucks look different and their latest Ram ain't too shabby.

Am sure the orders for production changes regarding the 2016 model were in long before the recent closing in on sales numbers. What is funny is on the forums, GM caught hell for not changing the GMT900 exterior or interior for the most part over the course of its duration. Now they change something & they catch hell again. Am seeing a lot of comments stating this change is what they should have brought for 2014. But like other model changes, people for the most part come around after seeing something in person. The Camaro is a great example. A devoted audience that still debate the 2014 refresh, though sales were higher afterward.

Round, horizontal or vertical. There is not much you can do with fog lights that has never been done before in some iteration.

Bowtie :lol:

I like the look but I am more interested in finding out if the 8 speed transmission is standard on all trucks. Or just on the higher-end trucks and/or special order trucks.

I like the look but I am more interested in finding out if the 8 speed transmission is standard on all trucks. Or just on the higher-end trucks and/or special order trucks.

Rumor is 8 speed available on 5.3 max tow. 4.3 an 5.3 get 6 speed standard.

Archived