Chevy overviews 2016 Silverado updates- Photo

Gorehamj

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a horrible redesign. Does anyone know if you can get the 14/15 style front end for the 16? To wit, is it an option to go with those front ends or is the 16 stuck on the hyper futuristic/hip look? I'd be sorely disappointed if it is.

I really like the looks of the 14/15 but like the technology in the 16 a lot. But the looks are so bad I'd rather be stuck with Stone Age technology than drive that thing.

The only time I see how my truck looks is when I am not actually using it. I don't drive the looks, I drive the technology. No matter how a vehicle looks, if you like the way it drives, and operates technology wise, the appearance will magically transform in your mind, and you will actually begin to like the appearance. Sort of like dating a person that is not really good looking, if you like the other parts, the looks begin to not matter, and you "forget" what you did not like about the person's appearance.

The only time I see how my truck looks is when I am not actually using it. I don't drive the looks, I drive the technology. No matter how a vehicle looks, if you like the way it drives, and operates technology wise, the appearance will magically transform in your mind, and you will actually begin to like the appearance. Sort of like dating a person that is not really good looking, if you like the other parts, the looks begin to not matter, and you "forget" what you did not like about the person's appearance.

That's a really good point, and I agree with you completely. I was pretty cognizant of how I sounded and I didn't want to be one of those guys who only cares about the truck for looks and are like "OMG look at my new lift kit!" but on the other hand, would you drive a truck with the technology of NASA if it was hot pink? That's kind of how I felt. I feel like the new style a declension of what Chevrolet, and GM as a whole, stood for. It's pandering to the new crowd (I would say millenials but they're not known to drive trucks haha), and they're going the way of Ford, Dodge, and Toyota with the LED lighting and the really refined looks.

Anyway, in short, I agree with you but I still don't want to drive it. I love Apple CarPlay but I'll just be a reckless driver and use my phone, or I'll be responsible and get navigation. But I respect everyone's decision. I'm sure my choices make me look like a bitch to other people haha.

Archived