GMC shows off updated 2016 Sierra

Zane

2016_Sierra_1.jpeg

Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

7/15/15

Just two days after Chevrolet took the wraps off a healthy visual refresh of the 2016 Silverado, GMC is joining in and giving us the first look at the 2016 Sierra. The press release was short and sweet. The Sierra will get a new front end, LED running lights, a new grill for each trim level, and LED fog lamps, and new LED tail-lights. Apple Carplay and Android Auto will also be supported with an updated version of GMC Intellink.

DETROIT -- GMC’s best-selling truck has great momentum coming off its best June since 2006 and 12 consecutive months of year-over-year sales gains.
With exterior styling as its top reason for purchase, the new truck adds key design elements: LED “C-shaped” signature daytime running lights and LED headlights; new front fascia and grilles for each trim level; new LED fog lamps; new bumpers; and new “C-shaped” LED taillights.
The new Sierra will be available in the fourth quarter of this year, with additional details and information on the new model released in the coming months.

2016 GMC Sierra

2016_Sierra_2.jpeg

2016_Sierra_3.jpeg

2016_Sierra_4.jpeg

2016_Sierra_5.jpeg

2016_Sierra_6.jpeg

2016_Sierra_7.jpeg

2016_Sierra_8.jpeg

2016 GMC Sierra Denali

2016_Sierra_Denali_1.jpeg

2016_Sierra_Denali_2.jpeg

2016_Sierra_1.jpeg

2016_Sierra_2.jpeg

2016_Sierra_3.jpeg

2016_Sierra_4.jpeg

2016_Sierra_5.jpeg

2016_Sierra_6.jpeg

2016_Sierra_7.jpeg

2016_Sierra_8.jpeg

2016_Sierra_1.jpeg

2016_Sierra_2.jpeg

2016_Sierra_3.jpeg

2016_Sierra_4.jpeg

2016_Sierra_5.jpeg

2016_Sierra_6.jpeg

2016_Sierra_7.jpeg

2016_Sierra_8.jpeg

2016_Sierra_1.jpeg

2016_Sierra_2.jpeg

2016_Sierra_3.jpeg

2016_Sierra_4.jpeg

2016_Sierra_5.jpeg

2016_Sierra_6.jpeg

2016_Sierra_7.jpeg

2016_Sierra_8.jpeg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^The look really similiar in size/shape. I think there is a good chance they might.

LED taillights? *Heavy sigh* Can't wait to start seeing these so I can see if the house fits or if the internal guts could be swapped to the '15. With the '15 had the LED fog lights too instead of the shitty halogen. Oh well, looks good though.

First impression is, this is change for the sake of change. I like that the changes are subtle enough as to not make the current trucks look dated, though. At least they didn't mess it up.

I like the symmetric grille and fascia much better on the current trucks. These new ones look too much like the Yukon and the F150. And what's with that indent in the top center of the grille?? Is that a new rock / bug collector? I have enough trouble with my '15 getting hit with debris there.

The LED lighting is a BIG improvement though. So is the CarPlay. The headlights and taillights look like they will drop right in to the current trucks. Wiring and voltages will be the only stumbling blocks to an easy swap if you were so inclined. I'm sure the guys at Gen5DIY.com will have harnesses ready to go.

Definitely not enough enticement to trade my '15 for one. I'll wait until the full redesign in '19.

. And what's with that indent in the top center of the grille?? Is that a new rock / bug collector? I have enough trouble with my '15 getting hit with debris there.

You know there is already someone planning on jamming LED lights in there. Or a Ram Air system. :rolleyes:

I think the truck overall looks good & is an improvement. Really like how the bumper wraps around & is more molded around the fog lights.

You know there is already someone planning on jamming LED lights in there. Or a Ram Air system. :rolleyes:

I think the truck overall looks good & is an improvement. Really like how the bumper wraps around & is more molded around the fog lights.

Or its like the Camaro and all for show and no function

Or its like the Camaro and all for show and no function

I am sure it is just appearance & no function what so ever. Was just joking with the LED ligh/Ram Air system.

Well that Denali is what I saw in the live broadcast. Some of the Yukon styling is there. Don't like the styling changes to the Denali grill. However now that I have seen the SLT and ALL TERRAIN I think they are a very nice upgrade. Not enough for me to trade in my 14 though but I am going to be jealous of those that get an All Terrain with the new grill.

Archived