2016 GMC Sierra Redesign - pics just released!

Looks more like this which is good:

GMC-Sierra-All-Terrain-HD-Concept-front-

Just remember. If bankruptcy didn't happen or they had more $$$ around when K2 came out, what we see for 2016 would have been the 2014 trucks, and what we got for 2014 would have been out for 2012-2013. The GMC looks much better than the 2014-2015. Much better face. And no TUNDRA, F150 or RAM in either design, Chevy or GMC, so those of you who see competitor's faces in these faces should get your eyes checked. The Sierra still looks like a Sierra and Silverado a Silverado.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Headlight will be super expensive to swap over, I am guessing $1000ea minimum. Plus the wiring will likely not be plug n play. The 20116 DRL and turn signals are the same LED strips like on the Yukon. If someone can figure out the wiring and make a retrofit harness I would be willing to swap mine out.

Anyone else feel betrayed? Screwed? I mean 14-15 owners (especially 14's like myself) basically equated to guinea pigs for GM engineers. They NEVER should have released these trucks w/ the amount of issues that are now well known and the fact they they KNEW they had these fairly significant changes in the pipeline.

I can't remember in the past 30 years GM changing the design this much right at the beginning of a trucks life cycle it really is BS.

The previous design was mostly the same w/ minor tweaks for 7 years, now us 14-15 owners basically got K2.5 trucks that WILL take a hit on resale vs. the '16+ versions

When I go to trade this sucker in (originally planned on keeping it 7 years since the "design" typically lasted 5-7 years historically - now gonna keep it 4-5 years max) my dealer better give me a good Fn deal.

My '07 silvy LTZ looked no different than a '13 - sure it had a 4 speed, but essentially the same truck - now I got a truck that only looks like what it is, a '14 and only a '14 - I got the bumper w/ no steps since it was an early AT model!!!

Looks like the same pattern of changes GM has used over the past 50+ years that I can recall. They did it in the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, etc.. This looks like a typical change: no, or little metal body panel changes. All the grill, bumper, valance, etc., are different. I'd be surprised if the headlights fit our trucks...pleasantly surprised. But, the whole front may fit a 14-15.

Keep in mind, the GMT900 (07-13) was a child of the recession and GM bankruptcy. No surprise that little changed on that model run.

Here's a typical example of the late 60s changes that happened in 2 year intervals. There were also other things like rear windows that changed as well:

67%20chevy%20truck_zpseeoskbms.jpg

Anyone else feel betrayed? Screwed? I mean 14-15 owners (especially 14's like myself) basically equated to guinea pigs for GM engineers. They NEVER should have released these trucks w/ the amount of issues that are now well known and the fact they they KNEW they had these fairly significant changes in the pipeline.

I can't remember in the past 30 years GM changing the design this much right at the beginning of a trucks life cycle it really is BS.

The previous design was mostly the same w/ minor tweaks for 7 years, now us 14-15 owners basically got K2.5 trucks that WILL take a hit on resale vs. the '16+ versions

When I go to trade this sucker in (originally planned on keeping it 7 years since the "design" typically lasted 5-7 years historically - now gonna keep it 4-5 years max) my dealer better give me a good Fn deal.

My '07 silvy LTZ looked no different than a '13 - sure it had a 4 speed, but essentially the same truck - now I got a truck that only looks like what it is, a '14 and only a '14 - I got the bumper w/ no steps since it was an early AT model!!!

Manufacturers can't go years and years without updates anymore. This is the new normal.

Ford went to its last redesign in 2010. All-new engines in 2011, mid-cycle refresh (interior mostly) in 2013 and then all new for 2015.

Ram was new in 2009, despite not looking much different 2013 was practically a new truck, significant engine and transmission changes the following years.

I do feel the 2014 launch went poorly but to be jealous that a new model year has new things is stupid, end of story.

Manufacturers can't go years and years without updates anymore. This is the new normal.

Ford went to its last redesign in 2010. All-new engines in 2011, mid-cycle refresh (interior mostly) in 2013 and then all new for 2015.

Ram was new in 2009, despite not looking much different 2013 was practically a new truck, significant engine and transmission changes the following years.

I do feel the 2014 launch went poorly but to be jealous that a new model year has new things is stupid, end of story.

I hear what you're saying, but I don't think it is stupid when GM has NEVER done this before - I guess it is dumb to be mad that they're now stepping up their game and freshening their vehicles, but pretty drastic change from a company that was still offering a 315hp iron block 5.3 as a mid-tier engine in 2013 lol

I hear what you're saying, but I don't think it is stupid when GM has NEVER done this before - I guess it is dumb to be mad that they're now stepping up their game and freshening their vehicles, but pretty drastic change from a company that was still offering a 315hp iron block 5.3 as a mid-tier engine in 2013 lol

But it was just shown a couple of posts up that this is the norm. GM and other manufactures have ALWAYS done this (See what I did there?). As others have said, 2007-2013 was not the norm, GM almost folded, they aren't going to spend a bunch of money on even minor changes until they got back on their feet.

They started offering six speed as standard on most models by 2010.

The 6.2 was more widely available that year.

Either side curtain or side impact (seat) airbags were added somewhere in there.

As was Bluetooth.

As was USB support for iThings.

Cooled seats, upgraded nav and I'm sure others were all new at some point on the 900-series between 2007 and 2013. It's just the nature of the business. I bet 2010 F150 and Mustang owners were pissed that Ford put waaaaaaaay better engines in the 2011s but that's just how it goes sometimes.

Other than greater 8 speed availability and a new face and lighting and carplay/android, there really isn't anything drastic that I can see. Frame, chassis, wheels, engines, interior, all still the same so far. There is a whole new truck only another 2-3 years away anyways.

Front clip and rear clip changes are the norm now. A new hood probably takes minor retooling too.

I do. I bought my now outdated 2015 truck 2 months ago. i feel like selling it already. WTF was GM thinking. changing the design 1.5 years in the production of a "new" model....

FORD here I come. GM just lost a customer.

Archived