2016 GMC Sierra Redesign - pics just released!

Other than greater 8 speed availability and a new face and lighting and carplay/android, there really isn't anything drastic that I can see. Frame, chassis, wheels, engines, interior, all still the same so far. There is a whole new truck only another 2-3 years away anyways.

not the point. this facelift makes out "old" model trucks worth less now. I certainly wouldnt buy a old model if I know theres a new model out. and call me petty or whatever, its just reality

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do. I bought my now outdated 2015 truck 2 months ago. i feel like selling it already. WTF was GM thinking. changing the design 1.5 years in the production of a "new" model....

FORD here I come. GM just lost a customer.

Have fun, see ya later. Guess what in todays automotive world ALL MANUFACTURERS DO THIS. How much you want to bet that in 2016-2017, Ford will again update the F150 with something else and piss off every one that bought the first two years? Its going to happen. 2017 Raptor was already announced with a 10 speed auto trans. Notice the new F150 doesn't have it yet and won't until 2017 most likely? Get over it because you will be forever disappointed.

How else are they supposed to stay fresh in the market and compete with one another? By leaving the truck untouched for 5-6 years, maybe 10 like they used to? Remember, bankruptcy had a big swing on the timeline we are seeing these updates. GMT-900 got the chrome front for 2012 and other tiny tweaks because they couldn't afford to push the K2 trucks on the market yet. They had to wait for 2014 model year to do it. The refresh we are seeing now probably would have been the 2014 or 2015 model year design for K2 trucks but...things happened.

Besides they know it's not going to stop people from buying new trucks or trading in there one or two year old trucks in on a new one. Heck, there are quite a few members that have traded early 2014's in on new 2015's.

not the point. this facelift makes out "old" model trucks worth less now. I certainly wouldnt buy a old model if I know theres a new model out. and call me petty or whatever, its just reality

I understand that if you are buying the latest & greatest, it should be. But it also should not restrict future improvements. Matter of fact, if future improvements are received by the public as good, the whole brand is worth more in resale. You can bet Ford is not going to leave their new trucks alone as they are upping discounts on them to get them sold. Would expect those to get tweaked by 2017 as well.

I bought my truck because I love the what it is, not because it was the newest hottest truck. It doesn't really matter what GM does to their new ones, because I already have mine. It looked good when I bought it, it looks good now, it'll look good when we're five Silverados down the road. Regardless of what other vehicles are out there. Iphones come out every year and people eat it up. Don't be surprised that cars are going the same way.

There is always going to be the next best thing.

Maybe the 2014-15's will be worth more once they stop making these beauties and switch to the fugly 2016's. In 15 years it might be hard to find one of those awesome, 2-year run of beautiful trucks.

I just like looking at nice GM trucks, so I wish they hadn't f'cked up the new ones. Thankfully Ford made the F150 even uglier so GM will still be the nicest looking ones out there.

I like the new trucks moving forward. Like one of the posters said above , this is the most cut throat competition in the U.S. Right now. The truck market.

If they don't improve sooner now , someone else will and steal customers. All about money.

Wow... grown men that can afford to purchase brand new trucks complaining because they made cosmetic changes to the truck. Here's some advice boys, don't buy a 16/17/18 because they'll release a totally new design in the next three or four years. Oh and even then... don't buy a re-designed truck because there's a good chance they will update them again. You wouldn't want the value of your 2019 to drop in 2022 would you? Crazy talk...

Enjoy what you have...

For the record I bought a 2015 Denali and I love it. I really like the new front end on the 16... but I'll keep driving my crappy 2015.

I understand that if you are buying the latest & greatest, it should be. But it also should not restrict future improvements. Matter of fact, if future improvements are received by the public as good, the whole brand is worth more in resale. You can bet Ford is not going to leave their new trucks alone as they are upping discounts on them to get them sold. Would expect those to get tweaked by 2017 as well.

I'm not saying restrict all improvements. I'm saying wait at least 3 years, not 1 and a half. I bought the Denali because I liked it , and I didn't think GM would change it so damn fast. Only car maker that can pull this crap off. Makes me feel betrayed. We won't even be able to swap out the lights, I'm sure GM changed all the wiring. Just to prevent that from happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow... grown men that can afford to purchase brand new trucks complaining because they made cosmetic changes to the truck. Here's some advice boys, don't buy a 16/17/18 because they'll release a totally new design in the next three or four years. Oh and even then... don't buy a re-designed truck because there's a good chance they will update them again. You wouldn't want the value of your 2019 to drop in 2022 would you? Crazy talk...

Enjoy what you have...

For the record I bought a 2015 Denali and I love it. I really like the new front end on the 16... but I'll keep driving my crappy 2015.

I never buy a vehicle with the intention on getting my money back. As soon as you drive off the lot the truck lost about 5K. If I knew GM was gonna update the design, I would've waited the 2 months I've had my truck for the new model. It's just common sense. Our trucks are gonna take a hit because of that. I bet they're gonna have even more discounts to try and get the 15's out of the dealer.

I bought mine because I liked it too. But I also bought it because it was the latest and greatest. I always go for the better model, because I like having better things. Now I feel like GM cheated me. I already have a buyer lined up for my truck. Just the way it is. Enjoy your truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those Headlight will be super expensive to swap over, I am guessing $1000ea minimum. Plus the wiring will likely not be plug n play. The 20116 DRL and turn signals are the same LED strips like on the Yukon. If someone can figure out the wiring and make a retrofit harness I would be willing to swap mine out.

The 14's 15's were the same way. Now you can get the SLT headlights for around $250 a piece then the PIP harness is $180. I'd spend $1000 tomorrow if they are interchangeable. The wiring cant be to hard to figure out.

Have fun, see ya later. Guess what in todays automotive world ALL MANUFACTURERS DO THIS. How much you want to bet that in 2016-2017, Ford will again update the F150 with something else and piss off every one that bought the first two years? Its going to happen. 2017 Raptor was already announced with a 10 speed auto trans. Notice the new F150 doesn't have it yet and won't until 2017 most likely? Get over it because you will be forever disappointed.

How else are they supposed to stay fresh in the market and compete with one another? By leaving the truck untouched for 5-6 years, maybe 10 like they used to? Remember, bankruptcy had a big swing on the timeline we are seeing these updates. GMT-900 got the chrome front for 2012 and other tiny tweaks because they couldn't afford to push the K2 trucks on the market yet. They had to wait for 2014 model year to do it. The refresh we are seeing now probably would have been the 2014 or 2015 model year design for K2 trucks but...things happened.

Besides they know it's not going to stop people from buying new trucks or trading in there one or two year old trucks in on a new one. Heck, there are quite a few members that have traded early 2014's in on new 2015's.

Actually some of the BEST and most widely renowned manufacturers do not make drastic alterations right after introducing a "new" design - ever heard of the Honda Accord? How 'bout a 3 series? S class ring a bell? 911? Corvette?

OK thanks, 'nuff said I think

Lastly - the point isn't so much that they made these changes, its that they made them 1.5 years later, which begs the question....WHEN did they have these design and mechanical changes in the works? You think they drew 'em up last week? You all can't be that naive - it doesn't work that way.

What happened was they had a new truck in the works but were recovering from bankruptcy, they were 80% there, but then the MARKETING and FINANCE guys - realized "oh SH*T" our trucks are 7 years old, Dodge coming out w/ air ride, dial shift, and a diesel, Fords got a turbo V6 and AL bodies coming up, ehhhh let's pretend we got our whole newly designed platform done and just start slapping 'em together in Mexico and shipping them, charge more than any other make, and pocket some $$$$ while we REALLY get the design nailed down."

ENGINEERS/DEALERS/SERVICE DEPT - "ahhh, guys, alot of people are starting to complain about these things, they have moisture in the headlights, the headlights are as dim as a 85 corolla, they shake like my uncle w/ parkinsons on the highway, the 4WD makes a weird sound when engaged, the touch screen interface isn't finished and runs really slow, the frames seem to rust real easy, - I think we should hold off a bit until we get them right"

MARKETING/FINANCE - "nah, F it, we got plenty of fanboys who'll eat these half-baked trucks up, don't worry. Denali will sell itself, hell, we won't even make it that premium anymore even we'll sell it w/ the 5.3 And then we'll re-introduce another "all terrain" model that isn't equipped to drive over a media let alone on "all terrains", and then we'll throw some really BS models together like the "midnight" edition. Don't tell us what to do we know how to screw, I mean make money off our customer base"

ENGINEERS - "OK you guys make the rules, we should have the kinks worked out in another 18 months or so."

If you don't think that's the way this whole thing went down in a nutshell you don't know corporate America and/or you're putting too much faith/credence in an auto manufacturer.

If you don't think they KNEW these trucks vibrated right off the bat, you're nuts.

The 2014 15s look way better then the 2016!! Not a fan.

Totally agree!

It looks like Ray Charles designed the new Denali grille..... no thank you!

I'll take my '14 Denali grille any day over that horrible design.

Actually some of the BEST and most widely renowned manufacturers do not make drastic alterations right after introducing a "new" design - ever heard of the Honda Accord? How 'bout a 3 series? S class ring a bell? 911? Corvette?

OK thanks, 'nuff said I think

Lastly - the point isn't so much that they made these changes, its that they made them 1.5 years later, which begs the question....WHEN did they have these design and mechanical changes in the works? You think they drew 'em up last week? You all can't be that naive - it doesn't work that way.

What happened was they had a new truck in the works but were recovering from bankruptcy, they were 80% there, but then the MARKETING and FINANCE guys - realized "oh SH*T" our trucks are 7 years old, Dodge coming out w/ air ride, dial shift, and a diesel, Fords got a turbo V6 and AL bodies coming up, ehhhh let's pretend we got our whole newly designed platform done and just start slapping 'em together in Mexico and shipping them, charge more than any other make, and pocket some $$$$ while we REALLY get the design nailed down."

ENGINEERS/DEALERS/SERVICE DEPT - "ahhh, guys, alot of people are starting to complain about these things, they have moisture in the headlights, the headlights are as dim as a 85 corolla, they shake like my uncle w/ parkinsons on the highway, the 4WD makes a weird sound when engaged, the touch screen interface isn't finished and runs really slow, the frames seem to rust real easy, - I think we should hold off a bit until we get them right"

MARKETING/FINANCE - "nah, F it, we got plenty of fanboys who'll eat these half-baked trucks up, don't worry. Denali will sell itself, hell, we won't even make it that premium anymore even we'll sell it w/ the 5.3 And then we'll re-introduce another "all terrain" model that isn't equipped to drive over a media let alone on "all terrains", and then we'll throw some really BS models together like the "midnight" edition. Don't tell us what to do we know how to screw, I mean make money off our customer base"

ENGINEERS - "OK you guys make the rules, we should have the kinks worked out in another 18 months or so."

If you don't think that's the way this whole thing went down in a nutshell you don't know corporate America and/or you're putting too much faith/credence in an auto manufacturer.

If you don't think they KNEW these trucks vibrated right off the bat, you're nuts.

You make some good points. It's just that many owners may feel differently because they aren't experiencing the issues that some are and don't have a negative opinion of their truck. Many see it as the best truck they ever owned. Those people see the changes as a 2 year face lift that we knew was coming months ago.

My opinion, from a person that will be buying in a few months, is that I will have a fantastic chance at getting a really good deal on a 2015. The 15's are great looking trucks and have plenty of tech. I will say though, I'm coming from a 2008 Jetta that has been virtually flawless for over 106k miles. Not a rattle any wear, reliable and mechanically sound. If it is determined that these 2016's are "better" (more reliable, fewer issues and better build quality) I may forgo the huge discounts and get a 2016. I doubt that will be the case though.

Archived