2016 GMC Sierra Redesign - pics just released!

Nobody whined about the 'special edition' trucks that were released after they bought - I don't see how these is cosmetic changes are any different.

Carbon edition

black out editions

etc, etc

Time to grow up...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree!

It looks like Ray Charles designed the new Denali grille..... no thank you!

I'll take my '14 Denali grille any day over that horrible design.

Lol I agree 100%

If I decide to keep it, I'll swap out the headlights, and tail lights. They can keep that retarded grill. The bumper with LED lights is nice. That grill is hideous lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody whined about the 'special edition' trucks that were released after they bought - I don't see how these is cosmetic changes are any different.

Carbon edition

black out editions

etc, etc

Time to grow up...

You can't compare those with the regular versions. It's just a blacked out truck. No actual changes other than colors. Same head lights, same tail lights. This is completely different.

Actually some of the BEST and most widely renowned manufacturers do not make drastic alterations right after introducing a "new" design - ever heard of the Honda Accord? How 'bout a 3 series? S class ring a bell? 911? Corvette?

OK thanks, 'nuff said I think

Lastly - the point isn't so much that they made these changes, its that they made them 1.5 years later, which begs the question....WHEN did they have these design and mechanical changes in the works? You think they drew 'em up last week? You all can't be that naive - it doesn't work that way.

What happened was they had a new truck in the works but were recovering from bankruptcy, they were 80% there, but then the MARKETING and FINANCE guys - realized "oh SH*T" our trucks are 7 years old, Dodge coming out w/ air ride, dial shift, and a diesel, Fords got a turbo V6 and AL bodies coming up, ehhhh let's pretend we got our whole newly designed platform done and just start slapping 'em together in Mexico and shipping them, charge more than any other make, and pocket some $$$$ while we REALLY get the design nailed down."

ENGINEERS/DEALERS/SERVICE DEPT - "ahhh, guys, alot of people are starting to complain about these things, they have moisture in the headlights, the headlights are as dim as a 85 corolla, they shake like my uncle w/ parkinsons on the highway, the 4WD makes a weird sound when engaged, the touch screen interface isn't finished and runs really slow, the frames seem to rust real easy, - I think we should hold off a bit until we get them right"

MARKETING/FINANCE - "nah, F it, we got plenty of fanboys who'll eat these half-baked trucks up, don't worry. Denali will sell itself, hell, we won't even make it that premium anymore even we'll sell it w/ the 5.3 And then we'll re-introduce another "all terrain" model that isn't equipped to drive over a media let alone on "all terrains", and then we'll throw some really BS models together like the "midnight" edition. Don't tell us what to do we know how to screw, I mean make money off our customer base"

ENGINEERS - "OK you guys make the rules, we should have the kinks worked out in another 18 months or so."

If you don't think that's the way this whole thing went down in a nutshell you don't know corporate America and/or you're putting too much faith/credence in an auto manufacturer.

If you don't think they KNEW these trucks vibrated right off the bat, you're nuts.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I owe you a round of beer. [emoji3]

Lol I agree 100%

If I decide to keep it, I'll swap out the headlights, and tail lights. They can keep that retarded grill. The bumper with LED lights is nice. That grill is hideous lol

You can't compare those with the regular versions. It's just a blacked out truck. No actual changes other than colors. Same head lights, same tail lights. This is completely different.

Not only did they break up the "iconic" Denali grille into 4 quadrants, but they moved up the GMC logo towards the top so it isn't centered anymore.

If I ever get a '16+ Denali, I'd make my own classic Denali grille first thing.

Not only did they break up the "iconic" Denali grille into 4 quadrants, but they moved up the GMC logo towards the top so it isn't centered anymore.

If I ever get a '16+ Denali, I'd make my own classic Denali grille first thing.

I really can't stress enough how much I don't like the new grill. Headlights are nice, as are the tail lights.

I really can't stress enough how much I don't like the new grill. Headlights are nice, as are the tail lights.

Speaking of headlights, have you tried or know of anyone that has successfully retrofitted a set of HID projectors into our headlamp housings?

I researched it last year when I bought my truck, but at that time, no one had successfully done it. A year later I'm hoping someone out there has done it.

Thanks-

I really can't stress enough how much I don't like the new grill.

I have to agree. GMC Truck grilles don't get any more classic than this:

2014-Gmc-Sierra-Denali-Hd-Lifted.jpg

"... ehhhh let's pretend we got our whole newly designed platform done and just start slapping 'em together in Mexico and shipping them, charge more than any other make, and pocket some $$$$ while we REALLY get the design nailed down."

I thought this is what they've done with the GMT 900...

:cool:

so long

j-ten-ner

I'm not saying restrict all improvements. I'm saying wait at least 3 years, not 1 and a half. I bought the Denali because I liked it , and I didn't think GM would change it so damn fast. Only car maker that can pull this crap off. Makes me feel betrayed. We won't even be able to swap out the lights, I'm sure GM changed all the wiring. Just to prevent that from happening.

So you are OK being mad next year? :dunno: Besides, the K2XX series were revealed Dec 2012 & hit the ground, on the lots May 2013. So as of now they are over 2 years 2 months old in terms of official release & will most likely be at 2 years 5 months before they hit the lots in any numbers. So technically, by your own accord should make you happy, or close to your 3 year mark.

As I said elsewhere. There are comments on this forum going back to 2009 stating the GMT900's should have changed/updated when the F150/Ram were redesigned for 2009. GM however never changed the exterior/interior components & people looked elsewhere.

So you are OK being mad next year? :dunno: Besides, the K2XX series were revealed Dec 2012 & hit the ground, on the lots May 2013. So as of now they are over 2 years 2 months old in terms of official release & will most likely be at 2 years 5 months before they hit the lots in any numbers. So technically, by your own accord should make you happy, or close to your 3 year mark.

As I said elsewhere. There are comments on this forum going back to 2009 stating the GMT900's should have changed/updated when the F150/Ram were redesigned for 2009. GM however never changed the exterior/interior components & people looked elsewhere.

I saw a 2016 GMC in my daughter's neighborhood yesterday evening so there must be a dealer in the Tulsa area that have them already.

I do. I bought my now outdated 2015 truck 2 months ago. i feel like selling it already. WTF was GM thinking. changing the design 1.5 years in the production of a "new" model....

FORD here I come. GM just lost a customer.

There's the door..... You'll be crying when Ford makes a refresh in 2-3 years. It's what they do.

Example:

2010-New Mustang refresh.

2011-New 5.0 engines come out.

2012-No changes

2013-Refreshed Mustang again

2014-No changes

2015-Totally new Mustang platform

2017-There will be another refresh

I guarantee Ford will do this with the F150.

I have to agree. GMC Truck grilles don't get any more classic than this:

2014-Gmc-Sierra-Denali-Hd-Lifted.jpg

I agree 110% This this is hands down the best looking GMC front end, ever. It's what sold me in the first place.

After comparing the current design to the 2016 for a few days, I have to say the new one is a step backwards. Especially the Denali. That new grille is just a mess. Yeah, the lights are better, but I really like the upper and lower "bars" on the current ones. Looks very masculine and truck-like. I don't think I'm going to swap headlights after all.

I agree 110% This this is hands down the best looking GMC front end, ever. It's what sold me in the first place.

After comparing the current design to the 2016 for a few days, I have to say the new one is a step backwards. Especially the Denali. That new grille is just a mess. Yeah, the lights are better, but I really like the upper and lower "bars" on the current ones. Looks very masculine and truck-like. I don't think I'm going to swap headlights after all.

To be honest I've been considering trading my 14 for a new Sierra Denali. But I was going to wait until 17 to do it. Now I'm considering grabbing a black Sierra Denali before they're all gone![emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Speaking of headlights, have you tried or know of anyone that has successfully retrofitted a set of HID projectors into our headlamp housings?

I researched it last year when I bought my truck, but at that time, no one had successfully done it. A year later I'm hoping someone out there has done it.

Thanks-

Dangerdick did a full-on HID conversion and customization of his headlights in this thread - the results are incredible! He used the Lexus RX350 projectors. Wish I had the time / patience to do the same.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/174565-completed-retrofit-tuned-rx350-color-changing-drls-led-concepts-halos-and-more/

Archived