Leaf Spring Noise

Looks like the 19 models went to a composite leaf.....wonder if they would fit on ours? Nice of GM to redesign them and then offer us one free lube followed by a good luck for the rest of your vehicle life. I am thinking of contacting GM to request mine be replaced with the 19 leaf spring. 

9 hours ago, Chad2815 said:

Looks like the 19 models went to a composite leaf.....wonder if they would fit on ours? Nice of GM to redesign them and then offer us one free lube followed by a good luck for the rest of your vehicle life. I am thinking of contacting GM to request mine be replaced with the 19 leaf spring. 

I would like to know this as well.  My springs are horrible on my 2018!!!!  One trip to the woods and it sounds like my rear end is about to fall apart with the noise it's making!!!!  Dealer just told me that replacing them with new ones would just be the same springs and same problem!  This is not a fix or a solution in my book at all.  I have never had to "wash" my leaf springs in any other truck to make it sound like a normal vehicle!  This is not a thing I can live with.  It creaks, clunks, and pops all over the place!  And during hunting season, I use this truck as a truck!  

I will be bugging GM about this!!!!

17 minutes ago, Chad2815 said:

I will let you know what my dealer says. I tried to PM the GM customer support on here.....no response.

Keep us updated.  I'm submitting a claim direct to GM on this as well.  It makes me mad that they refuse to fix a known issue such as this.  And to say that it's normal for a truck to pop, creak, and clunk around is unacceptable!  I've owned Ford, Toyota, Nissan, and now GM trucks.  All previous trucks with leaf springs have never done such a thing.   Leaf springs are not rocket science!  They should do a simple fix/redesign solution and replace the leaf springs for those of us having this recurring issue!

I didn't buy a new truck (first ever brand new truck for me by the way) for it to make such a racket!  I like the truck otherwise!  

Dropping mine off at the dealer tomorrow to have the leaf springs replaced.  I was getting a lot of popping and creaking when going around turns/over bumps that resulted in body roll.  They decided to replace the first visit and ordered the parts. 

Looks like there isn’t a true fix. I can’t believe that. When stupid things like this pop up it really puts a sour taste in my mouth and makes me want to get rid of the whole damn vehicle. 

My 17 with 21k miles on it sounds like shit. Nothing so far has fixed it or at least quieted it down some. 

Ran through a dealer this morning and showed the service guy the noises it was making.  They told me it wouldn’t be a warranty repair because it’s lifted. Bullshit. 

The service manager at my dealer had to call “his rep” to see if its authorized, didnt hear anything back today. While I was there they had a 19 Denali sitting next to mine so I snapped some photos to see if they would fit. I think they will but I did not verify length. In the photos its the 19 first then my 17 Denali, I think they should work. Sorry I didnt resize them but maybe someone smarter than me on this stuff we be able to tell if the mounts will work.

Edited by Chad2815