Click/Tick sound from front end at low speed and turning?

I thought I had rock stuck in the tires but I don't it sounds exactly like stones are stuck in the tire treads. I hear it at low speed and low speed turning. Maybe a CV but only have 9000miles or a brake pad sticking.

Have them check the steering stop maybe? Ours was not lubed from factory and has been lubed twice already in our 21,000 miles of ownership.

Edited by Bdkfl

I can only hear it with windows down I do not hear anything inside or there is nothing felt through steering wheel. It only happens while moving and turning there is no tick if I turn the wheel while stopped. It doesn't happen everytime I turn so its a little harder to figure out.

I have thought could be wheel bearing, a cv joint, or U joint but it isn't a constant tick. It is just a single tick when turning and it happens at about 1/4 turn left or right while moving. I am having a BDS shop lower my coilovers an inch next week and will have them make sure everything is still tight on the lift parts if they don't find anything wrong with the lift I will be taking to the dealer. They will probably tell me the lift did it what ever it is but we will see.

I have a similar issue. I dropped it off the dealer today and they called to say the steering rack needed replaced. I asked what may have caused the rack go fail and his response was " bad luck, we've replaced a couple others too".

our steering stop has been lubed twice and is clicking again for the third time. If I wasn't in the GM replacement process I'm sure they would be replacing the steering stop.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it only when your turning? I've got a ticking sound in my steering wheel. Can't really hear it when moving, but when I'm sitting still and turn the wheel you can really hear it.

I have the same issue. What was your solution?

I have the same issue. What was your solution?

Still haven't been able to have it fixed yet. Had it at the dealership twice for service and other minor issues, but first time I mentioned this I told them it only happens when I'm not moving and turning the wheel. I showed the service tech and he verified he heard it. Upon picking the truck up, the mechanic told the service rep the noise has something to do with the leveling kit I put on. I called bs, but they said they couldn't fix it.

Second time, I brought it up, I forgot to tell them it only happens when its sitting still so they said they took it for a drive and couldn't recreate the problem. Another thing I might add that I have found is it only seems to happen once the truck is warm. That being said, when they couldn't recreate the problem, I took the tech outside to show him, but evidently the truck wasn't warm enough and it wouldn't make the sound. By the time I got home, you could easily hear it.

I read somewhere that someone else had same problem and it was related to the steering gear hanging up on something. I will mention again when I go in for service in the next couple of weeks.

Dealer said everything looked good but I am hearing the tick/click more now. It isn't the steering I determined. I am almost sure its a U joint. I here the click when hitting the gas from a rolling start.