Squeak from the front left wheel well

about a week ago I started hearing a squeak coming from my front drivers side wheel well when turning the wheel and going over small bumps in the road at semi low speeds. took it in to the dealer and they took a look at it and determined that it was the upper control arm and ordered a new one and replaced it. I pull into work today with the windows down and pull in to my parking spot and I hear the same squeak.

anyone else experiencing this squeak and have any idea what it is?

Thanks.

Doubt it's what I had but worth a shot. Do you have auto 4wd on? If I have auto 4wd or 4hi i get a squeal from front driver side footwell area. Apparently there is a bulletin that it is normal

My front left ball joint failed and was squeaking. I'm almost certain yours has too

***Edit*** My lower control arm ball joint. The dealer put the truck on a lift BC they couldn't duplicate the noise initially and I hung on the tow hooks and jumped up and down. Sure enough it was the lower ball joint. I thought it was the strut bushing where it mounts to the lower A arm but I was wrong.

My front left ball joint failed and was squeaking. I'm almost certain yours has too

***Edit*** My lower control arm ball joint. The dealer put the truck on a lift BC they couldn't duplicate the noise initially and I hung on the tow hooks and jumped up and down. Sure enough it was the lower ball joint. I thought it was the strut bushing where it mounts to the lower A arm but I was wrong.

Yeah they came to that conclusion yesterday. so they're replacing it. they also mentioned that since I have a 2.5 inch level in the front from rough country that the level made it wear out faster which I kinda believe but kinda don't but all is good. If it happens again I might just find some type of offroad or heavier duty control arms.

• 4 months later...

Yeah they came to that conclusion yesterday. so they're replacing it. they also mentioned that since I have a 2.5 inch level in the front from rough country that the level made it wear out faster which I kinda believe but kinda don't but all is good. If it happens again I might just find some type of offroad or heavier duty control arms.

I'm having the same exact issue with my truck, but its coming from my passenger side. I drove my truck around my neighborhood for about 30 minutes to try to figure out what it was. I came to conclusion that it was only happening when I make left turns and hitting small bumps with the right side of my truck. Changing the lower control arm ball joint fix the problem?

• 1 month later...

Dealer told me its normal that there was a 14 with the 5.3 that squeaks just like mine. Well both trucks have problems then I never saw him drive the other truck. I can make mine chirp on demand by pressing the throttle and letting off. It also chirps when the compressor kicks on for the A/C. I thought its the belt tensioner dealer said nope its normal for my new truck to squeak. Funny every other truck that I drove while on loan the problem didn't occur. Going to the dealer on Thursday. AGAIN!!!!!

Dealer told me its normal that there was a 14 with the 5.3 that squeaks just like mine. Well both trucks have problems then I never saw him drive the other truck. I can make mine chirp on demand by pressing the throttle and letting off. It also chirps when the compressor kicks on for the A/C. I thought its the belt tensioner dealer said nope its normal for my new truck to squeak. Funny every other truck that I drove while on loan the problem didn't occur. Going to the dealer on Thursday. AGAIN!!!!!

Let me know what they say. I have had my 14 in for same chirp, which only happens after easing off throttle a bit, then accelerating back again. They said it was the water pump ( s.m.h. ) well they replaced the water pump and it still didn't go away. I believe it might be a crack in the exhaust shield or a motor mount. as it only chirps upon loading the drivetrain. Never chirps or squeaks on hard acceleration, just when you ease off throttle once a speed, then when you accelerate. Hoping to get back to dealership next week to try again and inquire about what i feel might be causing it.

Let me know what they say. I have had my 14 in for same chirp, which only happens after easing off throttle a bit, then accelerating back again. They said it was the water pump ( s.m.h. ) well they replaced the water pump and it still didn't go away. I believe it might be a crack in the exhaust shield or a motor mount. as it only chirps upon loading the drivetrain. Never chirps or squeaks on hard acceleration, just when you ease off throttle once a speed, then when you accelerate. Hoping to get back to dealership next week to try again and inquire about what i feel might be causing it.

I have the same problem on my 14. Driving me crazy.

Archived