2015 Duramax Oil Leak- 3500 miles

My 2017 3500 dually high country is leaking at 4,000 miles... this is absolutely ridiculous. Most expensive truck they make and it doesn't last till the 1st oil change? Seriously? It's at the dealership now and so far they said it looms like it's coming from up by the turbo so they have to tear my motor apart to find it... awesome 

It happens, sadly.  I'd be frustrated too, but there are plenty of new vehicle examples of things like this happening all across the board, not just on GM vehicles.  Everything from your silly little Hyundai, up to the most expensive exotic cars out there.  No matter how much we spend, there are no guarantees our vehicles will be trouble free or stupid crap won't happen. 

• 8 months later...

I just had to pick-up my brother off a highway this last weekend, he has a 2015 Duramax and it blow all the oil out of the engine, It looks like a oil coolant line was rubbing on the frame

which caused the leak this line is on the drivers side at the steering wheel column , the tow truck driver said he has seen this before. I looked into this a little 

and it looks there's a good chance it could be leaking from the oil cooler assembly.

Has anyone heard of this before ?

Edited by Andy King

• 10 months later...

I have you all beat!  I have a 2015 3500 HD that has been in the shop 6 times for the exact same oil leak. I now have taken it to a different dealers and they have found the problem in about an hour. The upper pan is cracked. They have shown me the oil pan and the crack is very obvious. Now it is sitting at this dealership for two weeks waiting on an oil pan and the dealer tells me they don't know when they will have the part. I have called Chevy Customer Care and they have started a case but at this point, I am not real confident that Chevy cares enough to do anything about this. I have never owned anything by a Chevy for 50 years but I am really disappointed in Chevy's support of their product. This is the 15th time this vehicle has been back to a dealer for a warranty problem. Wish it was within the first year because they would have this truck back in an instant.