Has anyone changed their brake pads?

11 hours ago, Perseus said:

I did pads at 40k in the front with Wagner OEX, they sucked. I need four corners at 85k anyone used PowerStop?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I installed a powerstop Oem kit on my wife’s vehicle without any issues. Been on there for over two years without any issues or squeaking. Probably have 20,000 miles on them right now, still look new.

• Like 2

Took my '15 in for service around 50K, and they said that I needed to change the right front pads.  I told them that I would do that myself, they wanted about $200+ to do it.  Got new pads and my son and I changed them.  A few weeks later, she got totaled.  :(

5af378b22240d_FrontRightBrakePads.thumb.jpeg.35275b628efd014ca34f7d0ef6a03c5f.jpeg

Outboard is the lower one.

I’ve had pretty good luck with these. To my foot, they’re better than stock by a decent margin. I don’t remember what I paid for them, but it was not too expensive. Warranty-Three years on the rotors and lifetime on the pads.  I’ve got about twelve thousand on them and they aren’t showing much wear at all.

D9A22130-759D-4DC0-8070-44E8B122CC47.jpeg

Plus- now they call me... NASCAR.  

Edited by Darksky
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Darksky said:

I’ve had pretty good luck with these. To my foot, they’re better than stock by a decent margin. I don’t remember what I paid for them, but it was not too expensive. Warranty-Three years on the rotors and lifetime on the pads.  I’ve got about twelve thousand on them and they aren’t showing much wear at all.

That's the same ones that I used, back in May, when I changed mine out, on my '15.  Can't really say that I got my moneys worth out of them.

On 4/17/2019 at 5:29 AM, Darksky said:

Looking good there NASCAR!!!

I cannot vouch for Duralast brakes or rotors for a GM truck, but did install the Gold pads on my wife's Altima and my daily driver Taurus.

They have been great. None if very little dust. No noise and grab more than the Oem pads.

The Max Pads are a step up from Gold.

I just put a set of CarQuest Wearever Platinum Pro rotors and pads on the front of my wife's car...only cost $116 after a coupon code from advance plus got a $20 rebate to boot. Only got about 1500 mi. on them but no dust and seem pretty solid.

Haven't done anything to the K2's except UBJ's on the 2014. We just did the first set of pads on the 2013 2500HD with 200,000km (125k miles) on it. I am very impressed with these GMT900's wear parts. This is a bush truck and does NOT have an easy life at all, 40% off-road. 

The wife's Canyon needed wheel bearings at 50,000 miles which was pretty discouraging considering the truck never leaves pavement. 

My personal 6.2L is on its second trans at 15,000miles but no wear parts. 

Duralast has upgraded(?) products again to a GT line that’s supposedly above the MAX line. I stopped in to pick up a set of the ones I pictured on warranty exchange and the salesman offered to upgrade them at no cost. The rotors are slotted, the pads haven’t arrived. When they do, I will post pictures. 

Does anyone one have any experience with this new GT line from DuraLast?

At 90k miles with original oem pads, thought they needed changing once, but they were fine. Definitely replacing with oem pads when the time comes though

I take it you don't have too many hills where you are. I'm looking at my third set of fronts soon at 60k miles. . 

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk