Which of these 2016 Chevy Silverado Changes Matters Most?

Gorehamj

Tailgate lock with open/close indicator. How many times have I almost driven away with my tailgate open....

Rear HVAC vents.

Separate fan controls.

Brighter interior lights. Floor lights.

something to make side rear view mirrors up/down more controllable.

A navigation system that works as well or better than a garmin.

Better weather maps.

A way to shut off sever storm warnings for a few hours.

Quieter warning chimes.

High Def screen with aux inputs.

White Diamond Tri-Coat should stay.

Extra battery option on 1/2 ton.

Much larger wattage power inverter for 120vac receptacles

power outlets by rear view mirror. For factory radar detector and dash cam(s), side and rear facing cameras. Builtin cameras all around with 30day recording.

12vdc and 120vac Power outlets by tailgate.

electric bed heater option.

More comfy seats.

Much more massive turbo'ed motor and bigger gastank.

Built-in YAESU ham and CB radios, and bed rail antenna mounts that still allow for cap installation

factory installed retractable side bed steps - they are a PIA to self install!

Bullet proof glass, exterior and tires.

Rocket launcher.

Prepaid Amex Black Card

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gee.. my 2015 already has 20” Chrome Wheels that came on the Sport Edition, AMC Power Running boards that I added. I don’t know what “Silverado Custom Double Cab Trim" is - mine is an LTZ with leather etc. None the the other stuff would give me any encouragement to trade.

Yieks!! They are DELETING Deep Ruby Metallic - the color they used in almost every Advertisment! The color I LOVE! Have they no “taste”?
I do have to admit that I especially liked the $10K discount on my 2015. Maybe if they offered a $15K discount on the 2016 right at the beginning of the model year … I might be tempted. LOL
Have to admit that I most likely won’t be disappointed if I have to keep this old 2015 for the next ten years.

It's about time they made Z71 a 4x4- only package again

That's the one that caught my eye too! "(Z71) is now only available on 4WD models" as it always should have been.

Yieks!! They are DELETING Deep Ruby Metallic - the color they used in almost every Advertisment! The color I LOVE! Have they no “taste”?

To say they are deleting Ruby Red is a little misleading, there is still going to be a deep red except now they call it Siren Red Tintcoat. It's already available on the 2016 Traverse and really isn't that much of a change from the Ruby Red.

The same goes for White Diamond Tricoat, now called Iridescent Pearl Tricoat and Victroy Red, now called Red Hot.

Diesels not what it used to be. Federal emission requirements have really taken the advantages away from new diesel vehicles.

I can't speak for other areas but I don't see a ton of the new Dodge diesels around here...most of the winter diesel is significantly higher than gas here...and like was mentioned with all of the emissions shtuff on the new engines that does knock down your MPG a lot. I haven't crunched the numbers yet but I'm not really sold on the diesels.

They are deleting Victory Red? ... really? I mean really? Every Chevy I have had for the past 15 years is Victory Red. Bummer.

I felt the same way, but they are replacing it which Red Hot.

Tailgate lock with open/close indicator. How many times have I almost driven away with my tailgate open....

Rear HVAC vents.

Separate fan controls.

Brighter interior lights. Floor lights.

something to make side rear view mirrors up/down more controllable.

A navigation system that works as well or better than a garmin.

Better weather maps.

A way to shut off sever storm warnings for a few hours.

Quieter warning chimes.

High Def screen with aux inputs.

White Diamond Tri-Coat should stay.

Extra battery option on 1/2 ton.

Much larger wattage power inverter for 120vac receptacles

power outlets by rear view mirror. For factory radar detector and dash cam(s), side and rear facing cameras. Builtin cameras all around with 30day recording.

12vdc and 120vac Power outlets by tailgate.

electric bed heater option.

More comfy seats.

Much more massive turbo'ed motor and bigger gastank.

Built-in YAESU ham and CB radios, and bed rail antenna mounts that still allow for cap installation

factory installed retractable side bed steps - they are a PIA to self install!

Bullet proof glass, exterior and tires.

Rocket launcher.

Prepaid Amex Black Card

Turbo motor and bigger fuel tank do you got more into on my motor by any chance?

Turbo motor and bigger fuel tank do you got more into on my motor by any chance?

I see I screwed that post up. I ment to basically ask if you have any more info on that turbo engine for the 16chevy.

Archived