Which of these 2016 Chevy Silverado Changes Matters Most?

Gorehamj

It really bugs me with those colors.

I haven't ordered a car from a dealer yet. Always bought them of the lot.

Is it possible that the dealer/salesman has "access" to more color options than what we can see on GM's website?

One of the very few reasons that I haven't traded my truck for a newer model is simply the color.

Every time I cam back to my truck after "window shopping" at the dealer ship I was convinced to keep him.

I love the Blue Ray Metallic. I'm getting compliments for the truck from RAM, Ford, Mercedes owners and the randomly guy/gal in the parking lot.

So I'm not the only one who thinks that this color is just awesome.

A '16 Silverado 1500 with the 4.5 V8 Duramax and available in "my" color...I'd sleep over night at the front door of the nearest dealership.

so long

j-ten-ner

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To say they are deleting Ruby Red is a little misleading, there is still going to be a deep red except now they call it Siren Red Tintcoat. It's already available on the 2016 Traverse and really isn't that much of a change from the Ruby Red.

The same goes for White Diamond Tricoat, now called Iridescent Pearl Tricoat and Victroy Red, now called Red Hot.

the red hot is what comes on the Colorado and its not a red I would want on a truck and if it last I will never buy a red GM truck again

When I first saw the 2014 Silverado Hi Country in Brownstone Metallic color I was hooked and had to have it. That is the only color I've ever seen them advertise the Hi Country in, and everyone who sees mine loves it. When stopped at red lights I've literally had people beside me motion me to roll down my window so they can ask me what the name of the color is. And now they are discontinuing it? Bad move GM.

How about offer the 6.2 in a truck with cloth interior? That would be a good change. ... seemed to work for 10 to 13 models. They can be normal and just have it in extended and crew cabs but just a regular old LT or SLE would be nice with the 6.2 max trailer...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Tailgate lock with open/close indicator. How many times have I almost driven away with my tailgate open....

Rear HVAC vents.

Separate fan controls.

Brighter interior lights. Floor lights.

something to make side rear view mirrors up/down more controllable.

A navigation system that works as well or better than a garmin.

Better weather maps.

A way to shut off sever storm warnings for a few hours.

Quieter warning chimes.

High Def screen with aux inputs.

White Diamond Tri-Coat should stay.

Extra battery option on 1/2 ton.

Much larger wattage power inverter for 120vac receptacles

power outlets by rear view mirror. For factory radar detector and dash cam(s), side and rear facing cameras. Builtin cameras all around with 30day recording.

12vdc and 120vac Power outlets by tailgate.

electric bed heater option.

More comfy seats.

Much more massive turbo'ed motor and bigger gastank.

Built-in YAESU ham and CB radios, and bed rail antenna mounts that still allow for cap installation

factory installed retractable side bed steps - they are a PIA to self install!

Bullet proof glass, exterior and tires.

Rocket launcher.

Prepaid Amex Black Card

Looks like you'd be happier with an RV than a truck. Pretty much everything you listed is a complete waste of money for me, yet I would be paying more for the truck as a result.

• 10 months later...

Built-in YAESU ham and CB radios, and bed rail antenna mounts that still allow for cap installation

Heh, just saw this. WISH I had that as an option, thats for sure!

Archived