Dragstrip ET times?

I've only gone to 1/8th mile. 9.4 @ 75ish...not certain on MPH. I'll grab the slip next time i get in the truck.

Crew cab, 6.2 8 speed. 4X4 completely stock.

Sorry guys it's a 2014 Silverado LTZ z71 double cab 5.3, 3.08 gears, levelling kit and bone stock besides flowmaster muffler and tailpipes, offset wheels and 33" BFGoodrich all terrain KO2.

My friends '14 5.3 3.42 Sierra felt about as strong as my '13. My '13 has run a best of 15.5@90 with my 300lb fat ass, full tank of fuel, and nothing removed.

Using the HP calculator from http://www.wallaceracing.com/et-hp-mph.php

My wheel HP is 307-330 based upon the ET and trap speed and 5800 lb weight.

• Like 1

My friends '14 5.3 3.42 Sierra felt about as strong as my '13. My '13 has run a best of 15.5@90 with my 300lb fat ass, full tank of fuel, and nothing removed.

Using the HP calculator from http://www.wallaceracing.com/et-hp-mph.php

My wheel HP is 307-330 based upon the ET and trap speed and 5800 lb weight.

I would say it's closer to the 307. For a rough estimate on an auto take crank hp and subtract 20%.

2014 RCSB 5.3, 3.42

[email protected]

That's pretty good. I couldn't care less what my truck runs in the 1/4 (at least not enough to actually run it @ the strip), but I am curious nonetheless

My wager has been that the fastest 1/2 ton 14+ GM truck would be a double cab, 2WD, std bed, max tow, 5.3 w/ 6 speed auto guzzling E85

The 3,73's combined w/ the 6 speed & the lightest platform you can get them in from the factory (too bad can't get it reg cab short bed) running on light 17"s, plus the increased snap from the E85 would equate to the fastest stock GM truck you can buy. I don't think a 6.2 truck in 4wd w/ the heavier body configuration and 8 speed auto would be as fast.

Just a guess.

• Like 1